Saturday, September 27, 2008
So here goes:
1. One of my best friends from college used to call me Casserole; I'm not entirely sure why, but I think it had something to do with the Green Chili Casserole that I would make. If you read back far enough, I think you'll know that I reference this as my all-time comfort food.
2. I have never colored my hair. (Unless you want to count the time I accidentally dyed it green during a high school chemistry lab. Not my whole head, just a lock of hair.)
3. I can totally get into a reality show on Bravo - my favorite, Project Runway followed by Top Chef - but can't seem to get into any of the ones on network tv. Especially Survivor. Or The Bachelor.
4. There is a mint chocolate Ghirardelli square sitting here by my monitor. It's been here for months. I love Thin Mint cookies by the Girl Scouts and mint chocolate chip ice cream, but that's it. I think this was from a baby shower favor. It seems like such a waste to throw away good chocolate, but apparently, it's never gonna get eaten around here. (Yep, I threw it away).
5. I had a wedge salad for lunch today. YUMMY!! So simple but so good!! I really need to just make them myself instead of buying them off the salad bar to bring home.
6. Cocoa Krispies were my favorite cereal growing up. It was mostly the generic brand in our house but hey, it's the same thing. My brother could chow down on some cereal let me tell you. I rarely ate breakfast, but occasionally Mom would let us pick out whatever we wanted and that's what I always picked. Then I'd get annoyed because he ate it in like 2 days before I even got a bowl.
7. I would love to learn to play tennis.
That's it for me this time!! I hope you enjoyed it!! Should you decide that you want to play, here are the rules!! And be sure to let me know so I can come catch a glimpse into your life!!
Tagging Game Rules:
1. Link your tagger and list the rules on your blog2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog some random, some weird.3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs4. Let them know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Read the details for the call HERE. (and be sure to click back and read the blog for some sneak peeks on some of the new stamps.
And see more sneak peeks HERE at Lindsay's blog.
burnt orange color. We loved riding around in that pickup and it was a sad day when it left our family. I remember dad taking us out on snowy days and doing donuts in empty parking lots and pulling up on a sled. So much fun!! I used Jen's SFYTT again and some star paper from my friend Bridget. I thought it would go perfect with the cuttlebug star embossing templates I found on clearance a few weeks back. I love how this card turned out!! The kraft and red color combo just really is awesome in my opinion. I embossed the stars going down the right side and then even cut out a few and popped 'em up.
My friend said she hoped he appreciated the work I put into the card; thing is, he has a heart of gold and I knew he would. When he opened it, he looked at it for a long time and then said: "I wish I could make a card like this." Isn't that the highest compliment we can get?!?!?!
Here is the inside finished off as well. I'm not sure why it flipped on it's side like this. So just consider this a great time to get a neck stretch in. Be sure to stretch the other way too!!
Thanks for stopping by!! Have a beautiful week!! I have a busy one this week so hopefully I'll find time to post again before this time next week.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Okay, here's the Tag Details:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
7 facts about me:
1. My mom makes this YUMMY chocolate sheet cake topped with pecan halves. A few months ago I blurted out that my baby brother was selfish b/c he was sucking the chocolate off the pecans and then spitting them out. He apparently doesn't pecans. I love pecans. I feel totally justified but it seems to have made a HUGE impression as I got reminded of it TONIGHT. Of course, we were celebrating HIS birthday so there were NO PECANS on the cake, and I of course felt neglected and jilted. Now who's the selfish one?
2. I have a sign that hangs right above my computer screen that says "never, never, never give up". I keep it there to remind me that I can do whatever I put my mind too.
3. Heidi Daus is one of my favorite jewelry designers. You can see her stuff here on HSN if you are interested:
4. We grow our own pumpkins to carve. We've done this for 3 or 4 years now. We have 7 pumpkins to harvest this year - our biggest crop ever!! If you want to grow your own too, just save the pumpkin seeds from this year and then next year, toss em out in your patch. I think hubby planted ours in early summer this year. Little One loves to go look at them and water them.
5. I can't stand spiders and when we came home tonight we saw a HUGE spider spinning a web off of our porch. I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight worrying about him getting in the house. Plus, hubby thinks it has an egg sack on his butt - well, I guess it would be her butt. Whatever.
6. He's still on his web. I refuse to believe that anything so icky and creepy could be a girl.
7. My college French professor used to get a big kick out of me. She never laughed OUT LOUD, but she didn't always HIDE her smile either when I spoke. Seems everyone thought my Texas accent was a hoot when trying to pronounce a foreign language. I wonder why I thought of that.
If you want to play along, consider yourself TAGGED. Just leave a comment here so I - and all my readers - can check it out!!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Hope you enjoyed it! I know I enjoyed making it and sharing it here with you!!