Friday, August 14, 2020

What Really Matters: Faith, Hope, Love: 365 Daily Devotions from Our Daily Bread - A Review

 What Really Matters: Faith, Hope, Love: 365 Daily Devotions from Our Daily Bread

Amazon          Goodreads          Barnes and Noble
Books-A-Million                   Christian Book          Book Depository


Book Description

What Really Matters invites you to discover what the Bible says about faith, hope, and love—and why these vital concepts are significant to your relationships with God and others. This 365-day devotional collection includes a combination of Scripture, engaging stories, and compelling quotes to encourage you in your daily walk with the Lord.
 
You’ll find life-changing truths in this treasury of wisdom from the writers of Our Daily Bread—truths that will encourage you to . . .
  •  put your trust in the Sovereign Lord.
  • increase your passion for God.
  • share His amazing love with others.
Discover how you you can move forward in life with confident hope, as you grow in your understanding of what really matters to God.

Review

I received a dARC copy of this book from the publisher. Here is my honest review.

What Really Matters is a terrific devotional book. As a long-time Christian I found it beneficial in keeping my faith firmly rooted. I think it would also be great for a new Christian as they read over and over about the truth's of God's love for us.
One aspect I really appreciated was each day prompted you to read a passage of scripture first. God's word is truth and the inclusion to read it I feel makes this a strong devotional to help one know God deeper rather than just be encouraged. 
I received a dARC from the publisher via Netgalley. While that version is fine, I wanted a physical copy to mark and jot thoughts and prayers down in so ordered one for the remainder of the year.


I gave this book: 

★ = I did not like it     ★ = It was okay     ★ = I liked it    ★ = I really liked it     ★ = I loved it

No comments: