Monday, August 24, 2020

You Can Read by Helaine Becker

You Can ReadYou Can Read by Helaine Becker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my word, I love this book!!
Working in early childhood, there is nothing quite like watching a child learn to read. Their excitement and the sparkle in their eyes is pretty hard to beat.
I could see this book being used at the beginning of the year as an introduction to the journey students will take to become readers.

Personally, I see myself throughout this book. I typically read while I'm in the middle of cooking dinner and always have a book with me. I love the message that reading can be done anywhere. Hoffman is a genius with the illustrations: each location has a perfectly paired book with subtle humor. As an example, on the spread that highlights reading in the kitchen, the book's title is Just Try a Bite.

No comments: