Friday, December 18, 2009

Some Q & A

I'm so glad you visited this week and enjoyed my card for The Diedrach Dare. I had a few questions -- but no way to answer you directly -- so I'll post them here!

One reader asked how I got the text to be different colors on my stamp - she wondered if it was done digitally. I know that you can do that with digital images...but this is a rubber stamp. So I just used 2 markers to color each section. Then I huffed to re-moisten the ink and stamped. It's a VERY easy way to get color in your images and get a WOW effect.

Another reader wanted to know where to buy the gems in the corners. I pick those up at 2 places consistently: Michaels and Hobby Lobby. The ones I used on this card were found at Michaels in their dollar bin. And then I also buy gems at Hobby Lobby when they run them on sale. Hobby Lobby doesn't tend to have too many colored gems but you can color a clear gem with a copic marker (or any other alcohol ink) and get a custom match.

Hope that helps! Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by and leaving a comment. It's a sweet spot in my day! Have a beautiful day girls!!

Have you been checking out the 12 Days of Christmas over at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog? Lots of good stuff over there!!

1 comment:

Stef H said...

how thoughtful of you to share your "secrets". i didn't know that about the gems - coloring them. you're just super.

hugs,