Tuesday, November 4, 2014

An October Bride by Katie Ganshert, A Review ★★★★★

An October Bride (A Year of Weddings, #11)


Amazon          Goodreads          Barnes and Noble
Books-A-Million          Lifeway          Christian Book          Book Depository

Book Description


Happily ever after guaranteed.
She wants to make her father's dream come true. She doesn't realize her own dream has been in front of her the whole time.
Emma Tate isn't a risk taker, so everyone in her small Midwest town is surprised when she suddenly becomes engaged to lifelong friend Jake Sawyer. No one but Jake and Emma know the true reason they're getting married---so Emma's dying father can walk her down the aisle.
While Jake and Emma plan an autumn wedding together, it becomes clear that their agreement has a few complications---the biggest being their true feelings for each other.
In this novella by award-winning author Katie Ganshert, a young woman must reconcile her dying father's dreams with her own dreams for love and for her future.

Review

Source:  Purchased.  Here is my honest review.



I can't name any other books Ganshert has written off the top of my head but I do know that I recognize her name and know that she writes books I really enjoy. An October Bride was beautifully written. I always enjoy books that are wrapped around the idea of a marriage of convenience or best friends falling in love. This book combines both into one sweet story. I'm not sure, but for some reason I feel like this series is actually novellas.....if so, this one is very satisfying. I felt the characters were developed well and the story progressed smoothly and all the details were there. I have not read all of the books in the series (at the time of this writing) but do feel like this is one of the best books that I have read from the series.

I gave this book: 

★ = I did not like it     ★ = It was okay     ★ = I liked it    
★ = I really liked it     ★ = I loved it

1 comment:

Katherine P said...

This sounds sweet! I'm always a little nervous about novellas from authors I don't know because they can be so awful or really great. I'm glad to hear this one was satisfying. I'll have to add this to my TBR. It sounds like a lovely story to squeeze in between darker reads.