Sunday, September 21, 2008

Totally Random

Have you ever thought about why you blog? For me, I love stamping and I LOVE looking at other things girls have created. Being able to share is such a wonderful, fulfilling thing - it's almost hard to explain, but I bet you know exactly what I'm talking about. How cool is it that we can cyber-connect and share our art and passion?!? I know that I've made some awesome cyber-pals. I was tagged by Amy (The Scrap Addict). She recently started her blog so go check it out and leave her some love. Don't you remember how exacting it was to see comments on your blog when you first started? Actually, does that ever go away? I know I still get the BIGGEST smile (hey, I'm in Texas, of course it's big) when I read the comments and encouragement ya'll leave for me! So A BIG TEXAS THANK YOU!!!

Okay, here's the Tag Details:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

7 facts about me:
1. My mom makes this YUMMY chocolate sheet cake topped with pecan halves. A few months ago I blurted out that my baby brother was selfish b/c he was sucking the chocolate off the pecans and then spitting them out. He apparently doesn't pecans. I love pecans. I feel totally justified but it seems to have made a HUGE impression as I got reminded of it TONIGHT. Of course, we were celebrating HIS birthday so there were NO PECANS on the cake, and I of course felt neglected and jilted. Now who's the selfish one?

2. I have a sign that hangs right above my computer screen that says "never, never, never give up". I keep it there to remind me that I can do whatever I put my mind too.

3. Heidi Daus is one of my favorite jewelry designers. You can see her stuff here on HSN if you are interested:
http://jewelry.hsn.com/heidi-daus_c-j_a-664_xc.aspx?sz=11&cm_re=LN*Brand*HeidiDaus&prev=hp!sf&lastbc=!664&ccm=J

4. We grow our own pumpkins to carve. We've done this for 3 or 4 years now. We have 7 pumpkins to harvest this year - our biggest crop ever!! If you want to grow your own too, just save the pumpkin seeds from this year and then next year, toss em out in your patch. I think hubby planted ours in early summer this year. Little One loves to go look at them and water them.

5. I can't stand spiders and when we came home tonight we saw a HUGE spider spinning a web off of our porch. I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight worrying about him getting in the house. Plus, hubby thinks it has an egg sack on his butt - well, I guess it would be her butt. Whatever.

6. He's still on his web. I refuse to believe that anything so icky and creepy could be a girl.

7. My college French professor used to get a big kick out of me. She never laughed OUT LOUD, but she didn't always HIDE her smile either when I spoke. Seems everyone thought my Texas accent was a hoot when trying to pronounce a foreign language. I wonder why I thought of that.

If you want to play along, consider yourself TAGGED. Just leave a comment here so I - and all my readers - can check it out!!

No comments: