Here's how I created her:
1. Stamped girl using StazOn Timber Brown on my tag (which is really a playing card blank I picked up at a local teacher supply store)
2. Cut out a mask for her and created a simple color wash for my sky using Bashful Blue (SU!) and my waterbrush. I even added a touch of purple to show how COLD it is! I can just imagine her not wanting to come in even though her mommy says it's getting late and cold. Oh to be a kid again and not feel the cold!
3. Stamped the snowflake using Colorbox Silver. When using a stamp like this multiple times, I always make sure to twist and turn my block as I stamp; this ensures that my snowflakes don't all look the same. I then used my Clear Shimmer It and went over the sky again to give it a subtle sparkle, just like itty bitty snowflakes falling down. Added some pearls to the centers.
4. I knew I had some stuff to use for snow so I went digging in my stash and found these cool little flakes from Perfect fX; just some Tombow glue to adhere them I don't know where to get them these days or if you even can as I've had them for YEARS!! But I know that there are other products out there very similar. In the same drawer I found my Perfect Pearls paints which I haven't used in a long time either. I decided to use those for her coat but had to create my own color as the purple I had was, well...let's just say VIVID!! I toned it down with what I thought was lavender but was really blue. Turned out perfect!!
5. I decided that I wanted a few flakes falling in the sky too so placed some random tombow dots and shook on some more Perfect fX. Should've thought about the paint not being quite dry as there is quite a bit on her little coat too. Now she looks like she's playing in a blizzard instead of a peaceful snow. Oh well. I still love this tag.
6. Finished it off with some ribbon, a snowflake button and a little sentiment tag.
Spelling it all out like that makes it seem like this took a lot of time, but it really didn't. I'm so glad you stopped by! Be sure to go check out the rest of the DT and see their tags. They are gorgeous!! You'll find the links in my sidebar. Would you prefer them linked in the post? I know I read almost every blog in Reader so it's nice when they are included. And if that's what you want, then I'll take the extra time to include them. Perhaps someone knows an easy way to include them than having to open, copy and paste links from every blog every time??
Thanks for stopping by today!! I so love having you here!! If you play along in our challenge, be sure to let me know so that I can come check it out! Upload at SCS or PCP using Pink Papery Studios as your tag or leave a comment here!