Monday, March 2, 2009

Take 2...

Good Monday morning girls!! How are you today? It seems like so many of my friends are sick these days. And chocolate cures everything - right? Wouldn't that be nice?
Just a quick Nurse Anya card I put together over the weekend. The background paper is from a Making Memories pad that my sweet friend Eva sent me a few sheets of. She knew I was wanting it and blessed me with several sheets plus some really great journaling die cuts and sparkly butterflies! She knows me well! Thanks Eva!
This card was going to end up completely different. We fought and fought and finally the card won. Good thing too as I think it's much cuter this way than the original layout I had planned.
My Nurse Anya was inspired by my childhood visits to our pediatrician. Dr. Joe was a kind, old man and his wife was the receptionist and nurse. She was always so soft-spoken and greeted us with a big smile as if our presence in the waiting room had completely made her week! I hated getting shots but she always held my hand and talked to me gently to help calm me down! It was a sad, sad day in our household when Dr. Joe retired. I used silver colored pencils for her hair that I blended with baby oil. Then added some white strands with a gel pen.
I hope you have a beautiful day today! I have a busy day planned divided between my stamp space and my office. Somewhere in there I am going to do a bit of housecleaning too!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet!! What a really darling creation with some yummy treats to go along with it!! TFS! :)

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Cassie,

This is a very cute card!!! Great idea with the chocolates too!!!

I see I am not the only one who went from Wednesday to Monday and did not get to post so that makes me feel better!!!

I love your idea Cassie!!!

Heather

Danni said...

How creative! Love this!!

Kimmie said...

She is such a cutie. I LOVE this card. How are you doing? I haven't seen you around in awhile. Everything okay? I've missed you girlie! Thanks for the card and RAK - ADORABLE!

Teresa said...

What a cute card. You did a great job coloring the nurse.

Valerie said...

Hi Cassie!

How are you? You've been so quiet lately on the Pink Papery site! I've missed ya!

Your card is adorable them Anya girls are just TOO CUTE!

Janna said...

Cassie, Dr. Joe and his wife sound like truly special people! This card though is adorable!! i love the nurse Anya and what you did with her hair! The sentiment on the inside is jsut too funny! What an amazing idea and so well executed!

Smiles,
janna

Anonymous said...

How cute is Nurse Anya with her silver hair!!! If it weren't for Clairol #5, that's what mine would look like!! Love these colors!

Cathy said...

This is really sweet!! She is adorable!!