Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Twinkle Tuesday: Words to Guide Me

It's Twinkling Tuesday again girls!! This is one of my favorite days of the week. Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday is a sketch challenge started by 9 year old Madelynn, whose Mom is Jessica, The Whimsical Butterfly! Each week we get a sketch by Madelynn or a Temporary Twinkie. This week her brother Jack provided our sketch and of course, it's a doozy! Check it out!

I tell ya, these kiddos today really are talented!! I have to say that I thought....and thought....and thought a whole lot more about this sketch. I am not even sure I'm completely happy with it. Those little side snippets just had me spinning. I tried lace, buttons, ribbon, flowers, pearls, paper scalloped strips, more lace, well, you get the picture. I finally just adhered the butterflies so I wouldn't think it any more! Do you ever do that? Over think the whole thing? And then finally just glue something - anything - down so you can call it good?

My main image is using one of my beloved PSX stamps. Oh, how I wish PSX was still in business! But what a wonderful thought to us a guide in daily life!
Sow Courtesy
Reap Friendship
Plant Kindness
& Gather Love

Here's some butterfly goodness to enjoy! They are punched out of some Anna Griffin paper. It's an "older" pattern that has been out for Years but it's still a great one!!
Now, we would love to have you join us this week - and I am so anxious to see what everyone does with those side snippets! Please use keyword MTTSC19 when uploading to SCS/PCP. Of course you can always link it up over at the Twinkling Tuesday blog as well. Bonnie is our featured stamper this week so be sure to leave her some love. This week we say goodbye to Jami and Danni from the team. Even though they won't be participating every week, they will always be friends and will still be stops I love to make! Won't you leave them some love too?
OH! And check this out (Be sure to browse around LollyChops blog too - she's a terrific writer and has a different craft skill in every bone!!)! I can't wait to get my tube in the mail. At first today I thought of creating some modern wall art out of it. But now I have a completely different idea and I can't wait to get started! I hope it turns out as fabulous in real life as it already is in my mind!
Have a Twinkling, Beautiful day girls!!

17 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cassie,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Jami said...

So beautiful Cassie!! Love all the little butterflies with the pearls!! And I won't be far...I'll still be stalkin' your blog!! :)

Nancy said...

Cassie, this is beautiful!! I love the sentiment, and your colors are gorgeous!!

Christy said...

Love the butterflies---and colors.

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Cassie,

Well I think your card turned out great side snippets or not. I got mine done on first try, but I had just purchased some new fibers to use on my Inky Impressions Cards and there was one that was perfect for my card so I got lucky this time!!!

I love your Flutter By's and the colors (all Br**n aside!!) this card is gorgeous!!

Heather

Michelle said...

this card is so lovely cassie..its beauitful!TFS!

Kimmie said...

I just adore those little pearls on the butterflies

Wendy said...

Too cute Cassie! You did a great job with such a sweet challenge! :)

Danni said...

Another simply wonderful card!! Your cards are just so elegant, so nice! Love this! and of course, love the butterflies!! Beautiful!

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous! I love the pearls on these butterflies Cassie!! Beautiful!!

Rosanne said...

This terrific! Love the butterflies!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Love the colours! The butterflies work beautifully as the little circles and lines! Verse is great too!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Love the colours! The butterflies work beautifully as the little circles and lines! Verse is great too!

Anonymous said...

Fab!!! Sketch by Jack Cassie...
Way to go...
`Beautiful` card...
Enjoy the rest of your Day ...:)♥

Nicola said...

Your cards sure have the WOW factor Cassie and this one is awesome too. Love all your detail and colour combo.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Sandra MacLean said...

Oh my gosh Cassie!! Those butterflies are GORGEOUS!! And perfect for those 'side snippets'! Great job on this week's challenge girly! :D

Kim R said...

LOVE the butterflies!!! This is such a gorgeous card!!