Sunday, August 2, 2009

Banana Split Sunday: And I Quote

It's time for another Banana Split Sunday challenge and this one was super fun! This week we were challenged to use a quote as the focal point on our card! I hope that you'll join in on this one! One lucky participant will win the More Quotes stamp set from the latest release.

I need to send a card to a gal that I used to teach with. She suffered a brain aneurysm earlier this summer. The fact that she is alive and is doing as well as she is is nothing short of God's grace and healing. She still has a long road ahead of her. I hope when she sees this card, it will remind her of His love for her as well as her family and friends love for her.

This quote from the Wrapped in His Love set says exactly what I pray for her and her family.

I have also been trying to play along in the Dare to Get Dirty challenges this weekend at SCS. I managed to get several of the challenges in on this card:

One Happy Stamper's sketch

Cut it Out

Non-Traditional Sized Card (it's 4 1/4 square)

Color My World

Taken with Texture

Stop by and see the rest of The Bunch and see what they created for this challenge!


Jeanette Fincher Deb Felts
Teresa GrauWendy Kastner
Dawn Burnworth - Guest Designer









Stop by the 2RedBananas store too! Starting August 3rd (that's tomorrow!) Jeanette is running a sale!! Here's what's included:

ALL Shimmerz and Blingz

ALL Spellbinders Dies

ALL of the February 2009 releases

While you are there, be sure to check out the other stamps Jeanette has for sale as well as the paper! She also carries stamps from House Mouse (including the Stamp of the Month), C.C. Designs, October Afternoon, Stampavie and Imaginesce.

Free shipping on orders over $50 and standard $5 for other orders. Don't forget to add my favorite flowers (pink, blue and yellow) to your cart too! And some ribbon!

14 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Your card is beautiful Cassie! I will say a prayer for your friend too! I love the texture on the top and the way your scalloped piece is tucked under, great job!!

Danni said...

I like how you did the circle..fun! Great card and praying for your friend!

Busym1 said...

Sorry about your friend. I'm sure she will love this card, it is wonderful! Michelle

Becky said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. Glory to God for sparing her, He still has work for her to do. She will be thrilled with this card and beautiful verse.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cassie,i love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Cathy said...

Hi Cassie, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I know that this card and the comfort that your prayers bring to her will make her feel much better. Very cute card. Hugs,CAthy

Wendy said...

This is such a pretty card, and really great quote. I love that textured paper.

Wendy said...

This is such a pretty card, and really great quote. I love that textured paper.

June Houck said...

Pretty color combo, Cassie :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful Cassie!! I love he colors!! What a way to showcase the verse!!

Gina Lindsay said...

This card will definitely bring cheer to your friend, I love the bright happy colors. That verse is perfect for what she has been through. Wishing her a complete recovery.

Michelle said...

this is beautiful cassie...

TFS..and sending prayers for your friend..
michelle.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love all your creations and appreciate our friendship. I left you an award on my blog.
hugs,
Chris

Jodi said...

Love your card!! Very pretty color combo!
Hugs
Jodi =)