Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Tree Swing

Did you have a tree swing growing up? We actually didn't; our house didn't have trees really when we bought it. A cherry tree that was removed. My parents did plant 3 trees in the front yard when I was growing up. One for me, one for my sister and one for my brother. This was before the last brother came along. Today those 2 trees (one of them didn't make it ---I think my brother's tree which always seems to bring some laughs) are big and provide wonderful shade.

I have a few cards that I haven't shared here yet from the recent Dare to Get Dirty challenges. This one was for the "create a scene" challenge. I used one of the new images from 2RedBananas of Penny swinging on a summer day!

Aren't her pigtails cute? I also combined the "paper tole" challenge with this one.

Here's my finished scene. HA! I just looked at this again and realize that Penny is swinging from a floating branch. Perhaps she's part of a wizarding family who doesn't actually need an entire tree to have a tree swing - just the branch is enough!!! LOL!!!!
With the little touches this card also fit a few more of those challenges: use punch/die cut ( grass ), add texture ( clouds ), sew (really sewed on the buttons, which I never do and now know why! and faux sewed their stems)
Don't forget that 2RedBananas is having a sale right now on Shimmerz, Blingz, Spellbinders and any of the 2009 February stamp sets. If you've been wanting to pick up some of those items, now is a great time to do so!! SHOP HERE!

7 comments:

Javablustamper said...

Oh Cass!! I LOVE it!! The way you popped the head out, so it was 3D? AWESOME!! Yiu did such a GREAT job on the scene!! Hope you are well!



Take Care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Stef H said...

just adorable. i didn't have a tree swing and if i did it definitely would have been attached to a tree - bwwwahhhahhhhahhha!

but i always loved swings and spent many of my young days at the park just swinging to see if i could touch the sky. my granddaught now loves to swing too.

fabulous card!

hugs,

Jeanette - said...

This is precious Cassie! I love all the dimension.

Riet said...

What beautiful Cassie.

Hugs Riet.x

Tricia said...

love the dimensions here!

Tricia said...

love the dimensions here!

Dawn B. said...

This is so cute. I really like this sweet little gal. She reminds me of my daughter when she was little. Great job with sewing on the buttons. TFS