Friday, March 5, 2010

Fabulous Friday: A Color Challenge

Happy Friday girls!

Besides Friday being the kickoff to the weekend, they are also the day that the Sugar Creek Hollow designers all post creations for you! I tell ya, these girls are A-Mazing! I want you to be sure to visit the store blog - there is a new design and it's oh, so Fabulous! Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom to see some honors that have been bestowed on two of the designers. Congrats ladies! While you are there - be sure to click on the Friday Freebie button (left column) and grab these week's free images - yes, there are two!!

Before you dash off, let me show you my card. This week Joseline (our Magnificent DT Coordinator - congrats to you, sweet girl, on your new ministry position!) gave us a color challenge. When there is more than 2 colors, I have to map these out on paper otherwise I forget to use all the colors! I'd love to see what you can create with these colors too!
And yes, two of the colors are In Colors from last year; they are some of Joseline's favorites. And I have to agree. Baja Breeze is one of my most favorite blues of all time. I'm wishin' and hopin' that Stampin Up will bring it back somehow.
Editing my photo I wasn't too sure about the layout of the colors....thinking I might be happier if the pink border and red base were switched. But I'm not going to worry about it. The focus is really the verse and I hope it will be a wonderful reminder of how close God is to us via His word to a dear friend of mine that is going through a rough patch.
You won't want to miss the other designers take on this color challenge - trust me!!! They did outstanding work as always!!
 CheriDani ♥ Donna ♥ Joan
JoselineKristina ♥ LindaLoretta 
MarshaNancySarah 
StephanieTracy ♥
March Guest Designer

7 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cassie.

Hugs Riet.xx

Donna Moore said...

A beautiful and inspirational card Cassie, I am sure your friend will be blessed upon reception.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Beautiful job on this color challenge, Cassie. I love the distressed, vintage feel of it. The stitching is wonderful and that brown scrunchy ribbon is totally yummy!

marsha said...

Totally gorgeous card! I especially love the vintage look and distressing.

Hugs,
Marsha

Tracy Vinson said...

Very Pretty Cassie.

Joseline said...

Cassie, I love your card! The ribbon you used is so pretty!

Unknown said...

adorable, and love the color choice.