Friday, March 19, 2010

Fabulous Friday: Stitching

Good morning girls! I hope this Friday finds you well and blessed. It should be a beautiful spring day here --- right before we get hit with cold and snow tomorrow. I hope that the forecast doesn't hold and our garage sale is a big hit.

This week the Sugar Creek Hollow team was asked to create something using stitching - either real or faux. I have still got some limited access to my stamp desk so I decided to create a digital card for this week's challenge. Our women's bible study at church is studying Revelation with Beth Moore and we were asked to memorize a verse for the study - going so far as to make a card that we could carry and use for that purpose. I'll have this printed off on photo paper and can use it to help commit this verse to memory.

I used the Truth digital kit from Summertime Designs for my base paper and little lace accent. It was a free kit and is just lovely! I think I'll use it several times. And there's nothing that says digi images are only for printing and using in a traditional method.


The verse is framed with an image from Sugar Creek Hollow that Tracy gave to the design team as a little gift. There are several frames similar to this available in the store and they are wonderful for framing a verse, sentiment or another image. I converted the image to white so that it would really stand out on the blue background. And I added faux stitching to the edges as a final touch.

Take a moment and see what the rest of the designers have created for this week's challenge. Starting next week, Sugar Creek Hollow will be bringing you a sketch challenge every Saturday.
 CheriDani ♥ Donna ♥ Joan
JoselineKristina ♥ LindaLoretta 
MarshaNancySarah 
StephanieTracy ♥ Kelly (who is joining the team full-time)
April Guest Designer
Martha

5 comments:

Donna Moore said...

You rock! This card is beautiful, the stitching adds just the right touch and I love the verse you have chosen! Beautiful card!!!!
Don't you just love studying with Beth Moore!!

Tracy Vinson said...

Love these colors Cassie!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Cassie! Looks like a great digi kit.

HappyCrafter said...

Good luck with the memorizing!

Joseline said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! You did an awesome job with this digi card.