Friday, March 19, 2010

Fabulous Friday: Stitching

Good morning girls! I hope this Friday finds you well and blessed. It should be a beautiful spring day here --- right before we get hit with cold and snow tomorrow. I hope that the forecast doesn't hold and our garage sale is a big hit.

This week the Sugar Creek Hollow team was asked to create something using stitching - either real or faux. I have still got some limited access to my stamp desk so I decided to create a digital card for this week's challenge. Our women's bible study at church is studying Revelation with Beth Moore and we were asked to memorize a verse for the study - going so far as to make a card that we could carry and use for that purpose. I'll have this printed off on photo paper and can use it to help commit this verse to memory.

I used the Truth digital kit from Summertime Designs for my base paper and little lace accent. It was a free kit and is just lovely! I think I'll use it several times. And there's nothing that says digi images are only for printing and using in a traditional method.


The verse is framed with an image from Sugar Creek Hollow that Tracy gave to the design team as a little gift. There are several frames similar to this available in the store and they are wonderful for framing a verse, sentiment or another image. I converted the image to white so that it would really stand out on the blue background. And I added faux stitching to the edges as a final touch.

Take a moment and see what the rest of the designers have created for this week's challenge. Starting next week, Sugar Creek Hollow will be bringing you a sketch challenge every Saturday.
 CheriDani ♥ Donna ♥ Joan
JoselineKristina ♥ LindaLoretta 
MarshaNancySarah 
StephanieTracy ♥ Kelly (who is joining the team full-time)
April Guest Designer
Martha

5 comments:

Donna Moore said...

You rock! This card is beautiful, the stitching adds just the right touch and I love the verse you have chosen! Beautiful card!!!!
Don't you just love studying with Beth Moore!!

Primitive Paper said...

Love these colors Cassie!

Anita Hovey said...

Beautiful card Cassie! Looks like a great digi kit.

HappyCrafter said...

Good luck with the memorizing!

Joseline said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! You did an awesome job with this digi card.