I thought I would share what I sent off for Michelle's Tiny Book Swap.
By folding and cutting, you get the above to form a little book. I sent off all my little books so can't really show you what it looks like all folded up.
I hemmed and hawed over what theme to choose before finally settling on using these vintage flower images.
I also wanted to use image transfers. It's a technique that I have done many times in the past. But apparently I've lost my edge. I can't even tell you how many mess-ups I had. The above photo is the front and back cover. Same flower image - although the one on the front was a 'mess-up' that I decided wasn't too bad.
I'm not sure how accurate my French is but I do like it. I don't feel too terribly bad as I'm fairly certain that if my college French professor saw it she would just shake her head and laugh. My Texas drawl used to crack everyone up. However, my sister is pretty affluent in French and I'd bet the farm (if I had one) that she is cringing right now.
I had to finally settle on printing my images on transparencies and using them that way as I was flat out of time to mess with pulling off transfers any longer. Lots of ink and layers on all the pages.
I tried to keep everything cohesive by using the same two colors, two laces and two papers (text and music) on each page.