Monday, February 17, 2014

Love for Books Readathon

Reading.
Every day.
Without fail.

I participated in the February, Harry Potter read-a-long and thought this would be a good one to participate in since anything goes. Looking forward to reading this week! This post will contain updates throughout the week.

Details: Monday, February 17 - Sunday, 23
Sign up HERE if you want to join in.

Goals:
Like everyone, my life is busy and this week is even more so with at least three major projects going on. However, I do read every day so I know that I can spend at least 30 minutes reading, even if it is at bedtime.
Here is what is on my reading list this week:
12611073
1. The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery that Holds the Secret of America's Future by Jonathan Cahn
A dear friend loaned this book to me and this is the second time that I am reading it. It is very interesting and intriguing; it is taking me a long time to finish it - not because it lacks anything, I am just reading and processing as a slower pace.

3116205
2. The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith by Timothy Keller. as well as the Discussion Guide. My
We are reading this in my Bible Study Home group and I have been enjoying it very much. As is usually the case, God is revealing my shortcomings and His overflowing love.

16164030
3. Once Upon A Prince (The Royal Wedding Series #1) by Rachel Hauck
I picked this up at the library a few weeks ago and it was pushed to the bottom of the pile with the YearAThon Harry Potter read-a-long. I enjoy a Happily Ever After romance and this seems to fit the bill.

16115987
4. Raising a Lady in Waiting: Parent's Guide to Helping Your Daughter Avoid a Bozo by Jackie Kendall
I received an e-ARC of this and have been reading it for the past several days. I don't have a daughter, but I do have a son, and I certainly want him to "be a Boaz" and pray that he finds an honorable woman one day.

Those are the books I know I will be reading this week. I have several others in my book pile and on my Kindle to read this week as well. Feel free to check back in and see how I'm doing!

Progress:
I copied the format for this from Jessi at Novel Heartbeat, one of the hostesses for this event. I'm not sure if I'll do a very good job of keeping track this way as I do not normally pay attention to how many pages I've read or keep track of the amount of time I have read. I will more than likely be a day behind my updates as I don't log on last thing at night and don't have time to do so in the mornings.

Monday 2/17
Currently reading:
Pages read today:
Time spent reading today:
Books completed today:
Tuesday 2/18
Currently reading:

Pages read today:
Time spent reading today:
Books completed today: 
Wednesday 2/19
Currently reading:

Pages read today:
Time spent reading today:
Books completed today: 
Thursday 2/20
Currently reading:

Pages read today:
Time spent reading today:
Books completed today: 
Friday 2/21
Currently reading:

Pages read today:
Time spent reading today:
Books completed today: 
Saturday 2/22
Currently reading:

Pages read today:
Time spent reading today:
Books completed today: 
Sunday 2/23
Currently reading:

Pages read today:
Time spent reading today:
Books completed today: 
SUMMARY
Total # pages read:
Total time spent reading:
Books I completed: 


No comments: