Thursday, May 14, 2015

My Grandma's a Ninja by Todd Tarpley, A Review


Amazon          Goodreads          Barnes and Noble
Books-A-Million          Lifeway          Christian Book          Book Depository


Book Description

When Ethan’s grandma suggests they take a zip line to school, Ethan realizes that his grandma is a little different. In fact, she’s a ninja! Ethan is soon the hit of the school when his grandma drops from the ceiling at show-and-tell, and teaches the kids karate moves and how to do backflips in slow motion. But when his grandma deflates his team’s soccer ball, everyone is upset—including Ethan. Why can’t he just have a regular grandma? But when Ethan tries out his new karate movesduring the championship game . . . he’s happy that his grandma isn’t ordinary.

Review

I received an eARC copy of this book from the publisher. Here is my honest review.

Fun read for young students, especially boys.  My son and I read it and even though he is thoroughly into reading chapter books these days, he enjoyed the book and the elements of fantasy found in the book - what boy wouldn't think it was awesome for their grandma to be a ninja? Engaging illustrations are a bonus!

I gave this book: 

★ = I did not like it     ★ = It was okay     ★ = I liked it    

★ = I really liked it     ★ = I loved it

1 comment:

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Cassie,

I have no idea if you will ever see this but I have thought of you so many times over the years! Wondered what you were up to and what life was like these days! I was on my old Stamping Blog Heather's Heavinly Stampations today to find some info on Tucker when he was just one year old and I found a link to your blog so I stopped by! You have blogged much more recently then I have! I hope you are doing well - Heather Schlatter