Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Quick Book Reviews

I just have a few quick reviews to share with you today from my pile of books I've been sent by publishers.

The Fairy Tale Bride
Source: Publisher via NetGalley
Review: The plot was interesting but the character development was pretty shallow and I found most of them to be annoying.  There were several four star reviews for this book on Goodreads so you should check those out as it seems other readers have a completely  different response.

My First - Jason & Katie (Crossroads, #1)

Source: Purchased - you can pick it up for free at Amazon (but I don't recommend it)
Review: I honestly could not remember anything about this book when I pulled up my list of books I needed to review.  I gave it two stars on Goodreads and I tend to rate books eve if I don't have time to write a review.  This is another book that had a good number of favorable reviews. 

A Bride in the Bargain
Source: Purchased
Review: I enjoyed this story; while I could never imagine myself in an arranged marriage situation, I enjoy those plot setups.  I think it is the finding unexpected love in less than perfect situations.  Strong heroine, secondary characters that added to the story and a believable story arc made this an enjoyable read. 


Source: Purchased
Review: I couldn't remember details from this story either but I gave it three stars so it must have been at least enjoyable as that is the rating I give to romance books that I liked, they weren't horrible but I didn't love them.  I definitely think this is a book that you should check out other reviews for.

No comments: