Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Growing in God's Love

Good morning girls!! It's Wednesday and I am actually getting all my posts for today typed well before Wednesday debuts. It's a busy day here on the blog so I hope you've got your coffee, tea or soda of choice. Curl up and sit a spell won't you?

First up is the challenge for Pink Papery Studios. This week's challenge was issued by Jennifer and she suggested we use pink bling in honor of Valentine's day. We get bonus points for using the bling on a notebook or journal to highlight all the things we love, a great suggestion from Amy. When I was in college, I kept a quote journal and still have it on my bookshelf. Love is a direct gift from God and one of the desires of my heart in 2009 is to really make scripture a part of my soul, memorizing it more and keeping it close to my heart. So I thought a journal to record all the scriptures that speak to me would be a great gift to myself!

Amy recently sent us all a package of goodies and I was so excited to get home on Sunday and actually get mine!! I'd been hearing the whole time I was gone about all the goodies inside!! One of them was this cute little journal. It feels like a canvas or a linen. Heres' the back:


Also included in our package was several bottles of Shimmer It paint. I uses Promising to cover the base of my journal and Peaceful to cover a piece of watercolor paper. Peaceful is the prettiest blue color. I used 2 coats on my paper and it's still very sheer, with just a hint of blue. I stamped the tree from Owl Be Green (Cocoa Studio) in Chocolate Chip and then ran the panel through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder. The edges are scalloped with my border punch from Stampin Up! I used some bling flowers in place of the leaves on my tree and free-handed some grass using Moss Petal Shimmer It. I generated my own sentiment and finished it off with some ribbon!

Here's a shot to show all the shimmer and sparkle. Isn't it lovely?

I am working on the His Holy Name challenge that Patter Cross is doing (link in my sidebar) and she also has a Scripture Challenge. There is also the Divine Design challenge. While I don't know if I'll get a "project" created every week for these, I do want to study God's word and keep it close to my heart. I think this journal is a perfect way to do that!
Stay tuned for my Flutter By card and my Cuttlebug Challenge card too!

10 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Another great idea Cassie...your journal is beautiful! Love the design with the pretty bow!

Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks...
Thanks for the inspiration this morning!
Blessings, Maria

Danni said...

This is so pretty! Amazing job!

Heather Schlatter said...

Wow Cassie you have been a busy poster this last two days!!!!

I love the sentiment on your note book, and the whole idea of it actually!!!

I love the colors and your creativity too!!!

So so so so elegant and pretty Cassie, and YES I have missed you the last week!!!!

Heather

Christi Flores said...

Wow!!!! This is amazing!!!

Michelle said...

This journal is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE this!!!

Ami said...

Cassie - this is just beautiful and what a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing.

Jason Core Dumpter said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous! I just love that amazing ribbon!!! Wow, wow and the way you decorated the cover with all that bling! It is so amazing! You really created a stunner with this one!

Smiles,
janna

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous notebook!! I love this!! :) TFS!!

Lindsay said...

I just wanted to say great job! I amso going to have to try that. did it take a lot of shimmers to coverthe canvas notebook?

Meda said...

Great post Cassie. I too want to spend more time with God's word and will try to make cards with it.
Meda