This week's topic at Top Ten Tuesday explores the cover trends that you like or dislike.
Visit The Broke and the Bookish for more lists.
1. Pretty Dresses. I have seen this on a few dislike lists but I love them.
2. Sweet Couples.
3. Lovely Flowers.
4. Vintage Items.
5. Headless Bodies. eee. That sounds morbid but I like when the face isn't shown. I picked up this trilogy at the library based on the covers.
6. Washed Out Photos.
7. Colorful & Illustrated. I'm not really sure what style this is - I always think of it as "chick-lit-ish" but I don't think that is an accurate name.
8. Photo Props.
9. Reverse Shots.
10. Facial Close-ups.
Dislikes - not as many on this list.
1. Bare-chested, tattooed males.
2. Dark, Hooded Figures. Usually found on Fantasy or Dystopian books. With those dark eyes that don't look nice.
3. Historical, Thoughtful Women.
4. Ren at Words in a Teacup mentioned that she dislikes covers where the title doesn't flow in the standard reading order and I thought "YES! Me too!" I find this annoying in other printed realms as well.
What about you? Do you have a list for this week?