Monday, February 2, 2015

The Best Book I Ever Read {Vampires}

Liza at Reading with ABC just started a feature titled The Best Book I Ever Read on her blog.  She will have a variety of themes/topics for several months.  I thought it sounded like a great way to share books outside of a typical review.

The topic this week is {Vampires}.  I don't typically read books about vampires so please know that I do not have a very long list to pull from.  I recall reading some romance that had a vampire in it; it was okay but was so cliche (or at least felt that way) that I didn't really like it and wasn't inspired to pick up another vampire book.*

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1)Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2)The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3)

A friend recommended A Discovery of Witches to me during the summer.  I do not know (in real actual life) that many people that love to read as much as I do.  She is one of them and so I immediately looked this book up at the library.  The story follows a witch and a vampire that fall in love.  Harkness creates this amazing world within our familiar world that is completely tangible.  The characters are rich and deep, flawed yet seeking to do the right thing.  The twists in the plot - oh my! 
I don't want to say much because I don't want to give anything away in the form of a spoiler.

I devoured the first two books and then had to wait for the final book to come out in the Fall.  I was very happy to see that it was chosen as best in its category at Goodreads.  Just read them;  especially if you want a grown-up vampire story.  They are adult fiction, but absolutely on par with the Harry Potter franchise in terms of an amazing world and a cast of characters that you will want to know as well as miss once you reach the end of the series.



*Until the Yearathon March challenge last year which was to read Twilight.  I have no desire to read that series so I found another book at Amazon -- you can still pick it up for free here if you are interested.  I picked up Captured by Erica Stevens.  I rated the first book 2 stars, it was okay. 

No comments: