Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Simply Showcase



Happy Wednesday!! It's good to be back; I got sick last week and just didn't feel like doing anything!! And you know how it is, when you are sick, there is tons of "make-up" work to do!! When I was teaching, I always felt bad for kids that were out sick and came back to tons of make-up work plus the days work too!

For the Simply Sista's Showcase today, Lorelie challenged us to use glitter or sparkle in our card. We also got new images from Amy that will be available very soon! I missed last week due to being sick (it was to use scallops) so I combined it with this weeks challenge! This card just GLISTENS in real life!! That is SPARKLE you are seeing - not a grainy photo!


Very soon, Simply Sista's and Card Scents will all be housed in one online store called Pink Papery Studios. Amy has also expanded the product line and one of the new products is Shimmer It! and Shimmer It! Simply Sparkly. You can read more about it HERE. Amy included some of this in my last package and it is AWESOME!!! It is very thin - has a watery consistency to it (as compared to Radiant Pearls) and just looks lovely when applied. I started by brushing this all over the base of my chocolate chip card. Since it is so watery, a very light coat is needed as you don't want your paper to warp too much. Then I laid a set of stamps over it as it dried to help prevent the warping even further. The snowflakes are stamped with Encore Blue on the base and on the main panel, I used the same ink, just the 3rd generation stamp of the image for the very light color. After I colored my image, I brushed some more of the Shimmer It over the image....actually I dabbed it more than brushed b/c I didn't want to risk smearing anything! A pretty snowflake, stickles for snow and some pearls in the corners finish it off! I also ordered some new card scents and I think I'll scent this one with Icicles!
We'd love for you to join in our challenge with us this week! Link up your projects using glitter or any other type of sparkle so we can check it out!! Have a wonderful Wednesday and I'll see you soon!

2 comments:

Janna said...

Sorry I am so late in getting this posted. I love the glitter card you made this week. It is super creative.

For this week's challenge I decided to make a gift basket with one of the new sets at Pink Papery Studios, Simply Baths. There isn't a ton of glitter on it, but I did add some to the bubbles on the bathtub and the soap with a glitter pen.

Here it is on my blog:

http://stampspaperglitterohmy.blogspot.com/2008/11/exciting-news-and-serious-problem.html

Here it is on SCS:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1120753?cat=500&ppuser=192797

Thanks!
Janna

Heather Huggins said...

Wow!! Love it...