Sunday, March 22, 2015

Saving Justice by Susan Crawford, A Review

Saving Justice by Susan Crawford

Amazon          Goodreads          Barnes and Noble

Book Description


After losing her brother to gang-related violence, elementary schoolteacher Kinley is on a mission to help her at-risk students. When one of them, Justice, is caught in an act of vandalism, she intervenes. 
Entrepreneur Nash McGuire has gone to great lengths to overcome the poverty he grew up in. When working on a renovation project in his old neighborhood he collides with a juvenile delinquent and his
 do-gooder teacher. 
Kinley believes Justice can overcome the influence of his environment; Nash knows the odds and has little patience with Kinley’s naivety. But as the boy’s mandatory community service forces Justice and Kinley into Nash’s life, he can’t help but discover a boy searching for love and purpose–a boy very much like he once was. 
Then Justice is accused of another crime. And Kinley’s stubborn belief in the boy’s innocence is just too much for Nash to accept… 

Review

I received an eARC copy of this book from the publisher. Here is my honest review.



This book is darling - and it also had something happen in it that I did not see coming and still almost can't believe that Crawford included it. It was handled very well and added so much authenticity to the plot.

Kinley is a wonderful heroine: she's the kind of teacher I educator I strive to be and that I pray my child has. She's also unfailingly optimistic and it is easy to know why Mr. Grumpy (Nash) was drawn to her. 

This is a faith-based book and demonstrates how God is at work and can use things that happen for good. 

I really enjoyed this story: so much I gave it four stars when most of the formulaic romances I read (and enjoy) get 3 stars. This one has something that has just went deeper when I was reading it than your typical fluff romance.


I gave this book: 

★ = I did not like it     ★ = It was okay     ★ = I liked it    
★ = I really liked it     ★ = I loved it

No comments: