Thursday, January 31, 2008

Am I Brave Enough?





As you know, I have been working on my "space" - and yes, there is entirely too much stuff in there! *rolling my eyes* So I am cleaning out - and I realized that it's pretty ridiculous that I have no problem throwing away a scrap piece of paper (it could even be half of a 12x12) but I can't chunk a magazine to save my life. Not until I've looked through it, admiring all I seed and then look through it again to see if I want to save anything. And of course, there's always at least one or two that I want so I cut them out and glue them into a notebook. WHY??? I realized that I've done this for the last several years - but you know what? I NEVER go back and look at them. I can't recall one single time when I thought, "hey, let's make a card - I'll look in my notebook to see if there is anything I want to copy" And of course, wasn't that they whole point of starting the notebook anyway??? Crazy!
SO - I was looking at an old Stampers Sampler magazine and they have that column - variation on a theme - and I was like, hey - that's kinda me....I just keep using and using what I have out until it's gone, I'm bored or I run out of time. So, I had some stuff still out on my desk from yesterday's card and decided to use it up --- I mean, come on, I can't throw away Karen Russell paper!!! That's just crazy talk!! (OMG! That would make a great sentiment stamp - my sis and I say that all the time to each other!) Back on task - here's what I came up with. And I'm seriously considering sending them off --- I mean, not that I think they would ever be picked up....but just to have the guts to do it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the colors and layout!!!

Andrea, said...

Great cards, lovely colours and the scallops look fab

Annie said...

loving that dotty paper! I've given you an award, so please check out my blog. annie x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Cassie, these cards are beautiful! Love them!

Have a super weekend! :)

Sandy said...

Wow these are so gorgeous. Lovely cards.

Maren said...

Go for it! If you do it....I will! Be brave! :-)

Lynn said...

Cute batch of cards! Your comments made me laugh...I have a hard time getting rid of magazines too...or paper for that matter. At least you're not hanging on to all your scraps AND magazines like I am!;-)

Just me said...

Girl, I feel your pain on cleaning. These cards are GREAT though. Love the colors and the paper.

Dawn♥ said...

OMG I love these cards! OMG Cassie totally amazing and the colors are soo elegant looking with my fav the scallops! Thanks for sharing! (TFS)