Friday, April 18, 2008

Texas 2 Stampers April ATC



In April, the local stamp club that I go to worked on an ABC project. We worked with half the alphabet and we'll finish the other half later in the year.
I knew as soon as I got A that I wanted to use this angel stamp by Acey Duecy. I just love, LOve, LOVE her!! I stamped her in chocolate brown chalk ink, masked her and then stamped the harlequins with white ink - I think it was Colorbox. I chose to hand write my sentiment - not sure why, just wanted to try it out. I call her Apathetic Angel.
Really love this one.


I also did an M card. I guess this is what they would call a "hybrid" ATC. I knew I wanted to use the concept of "measure" but didn't like the one ruler stamp that I have with anything. So I browsed around and found these 2 images and printed them out. It was just a matter of cutting and pasting then.

I wanted my sentiment to read "do you measure up?". I thought it was great, I know that I am constantly wondering if I "measure" up. How do I compare to other ladies in my stamping group. Is it neat? creative? original? pleasing to look at? and on. and on. and on.
My hubby thought that was mean. And gave me all sorts of grief about being positive so I changed it. One gal at stamp club loved the original idea and another told me I made the right choice in changing it. *shrug*
The one thing that I really am not happy with was the stitching on the side. I *intended* to have sewing on my card - with actual thread. Didn't work out so well. So it just has the holes pierced. My mat pack is still on backorder so I just ran it through the sewing machine w/o thread. It's really hard to see.
Once we finish the other half, I'll post the whole set together. They are really cool!

Make it a beautiful day!

7 comments:

Just me said...

These are great. I love them, especially the first one.

Giovana said...

Really pretty creations!!!
Super original.

God bless
GIovana

Sandy said...

Oh wow stunning creation. Love them. So great.

Enfys said...

Sensational. I would so love to do this style of stamping, but every time I try it just looks a mess. You have it down to a fine art!

Andrea, said...

Wonderful ATCs, fab ideas.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful angel card! Love the masking effect. That measure ATC is so creative too. Love that! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great creation!! :) Such a cute ATC!! TFS!