Thursday, October 16, 2008

Priceless Faux Silk


My local stamp club met this week and I demoed the faux silk technique. One of the gals in the group brought her Priceless set and since I don't have that one, I used it to stamp up some panels using Pale Plum and a silver Colorbox. The challenge over at Stamp Simply is to create something for a friend. I assembled it into this card and will mail it to another gal in our group. She recently went on a bus tour through the northeast and saw all the gorgeous leaves changing colors. Her pictures were so vibrant and lovely. Inspiring as well since she made us all these really pretty bookmarks using the colors of fall. I'll send this to her as a thank you for a being such a sweet friend!! It's been almost a year that I've been making the time for stamp club again and I am so thankful that I am. It is a really neat bunch of ladies and I feel blessed to have their friendship and to be able to share our stamping and all together!

Thanks so much for stopping by - I hope you have recovered from the shock of having 2 posts in ONE DAY - a rarity for me!! Have a beautiful evening, I'm planning on snuggling with my honey watching the office tonight - the only tv show we both like!!

4 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is beautiful Cassie! I love you color combo and stamp choice too. I'm sure your friend will love it. Thanks for joining in the challenge too. :)

Whitney said...

Cassie,

This Whitney, the one from the post on NieNie. Thank so much for your comment! Isn't it wonderful what God will do? I totally wasn't planning on getting married so young, but when HE put such a wonderful man in front of me, how could I resist? I love your cards, they're so cute. Hope you enjoyed the office, me and the King love that show too!

Erin... said...

Oh this is so pretty!! great job!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo gorgeous!! You did an awesome job with the technique!! :) TFS!