Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Scalloped ATC Swap

I love swapping! And sometimes I just get in a big whirlwind of signing up for lots of them for a time. A gal hosted an ATC swap that required Scallops on it and since I think scallops are so fun, I had to join! HAD TO!!

This is the card that I sent along. That image is from Dreams du Jour and is my favorite from the set! I glittered it in pink, green and yellow although you don't see the sparkle on the screen. I also added glitter on the pink panel as well and a gem in the corner. I just love that bright green lace!! I can't imagine what kind of outfit it would go on, but I think it looks just wonderful on a card!

Also, I am still waiting on some new images from Simply Sista's so we have moved our Showcase to Friday this week. We got to see a few of the new sets coming out and they are so cute! It was hard to pick one!!

And, just in case you were dying to know about our fall foliage tour, I'll talk about that too! It was a wonderful day!! My dad and my youngest brother went - and he brought his new girlfriend!! She is super cute and seems really nice! The trees were just beginning to turn so lots of yellow, some orangey-yellow and very little red. We don't get a lot of red in the trees here in town so I'm not sure about up there. There is a small lake that we drove around and even hiked a short trail to see an OLD cottonwood that was HUGE!! I'll have to post a picture when hubby gets the pics off his camera and I'll tell you how big it was then! I can't wait to see them as I am hoping that maybe it'll be a good pic to send out to family! Then we ate at this restaurant called The Cattle Exchange. SO good! A steak was $25 (which may seem normal to some but I thought was expensive!!) But it WAS HUGE!!! And very tasty!! And the dessert is included in the price. Hubby has been there before and told me about the bread pudding. I was skeptical as the thought of soggy bread doesn't really sound great --- but it was TOO DIE FOR!! I just remembered my mom bought a gallon to bring home - wonder if there is any left??? They also had apple cobbler which had the most yummy crust!! The guys were very patient while we shopped and shopped and walked the small town. All in all, a beautiful day!! I just love getting to spend time with my family - don't you?

Have a beautiful day and come back on Friday to get a sneak peek of a new Simply Sista's image. You can see some sneak peeks of new sets coming on Amy's blog!

2 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

So pretty! Love the image and the lace. It's always amazing what you can fit on one little ATC. Great work! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pretty lacing around the card!! Gorgeous!! TFS! :)