Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Simply Sista's Showcase



It's Wednesday again!! This is one of my most favorite days of the week: it's in the middle, it's MDO day for the little man which means it's lots of crafty time for me!! First, I want to announce the winner of the first Simply Sista's challenge I posted last week: Janna from Stamps, Paper, Glitter, Oh My! Congrats girl!!

Our challenge this week was to use one of the new digi images released this month for Halloween. Halloween is all about candy, right?!?! But candy is good any time of the year!! (I feel pretty silly writing that actually, as I don't eat candy really; in fact I recently threw out a bunch leftover from Valentines! I know, I know, I have sent you chocolate lovers into shock!! I'm sorry...please keep reading!) But anyway, candy is around us all year long!! So I wanted to showcase this set as a great set to use year-round!! When I saw the sketch challenge last week at SCS I knew immediately what I wanted to do with it. So I've fiddled around with this card all week. I finally went and bought a circle cutter to help. I opted for the Martha Stewart one and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Not so happy with how I cut my circles in half, but I haven't figured out a way to blame that on anyone but me!! *wink*
I did use Diamond Glaze on my pieces of candy to make them super shiny and popped all the pieces up on dimensionals. I used a corner rounder on my circle and printed off the sentiment for the perfect coordination! You can shop for these digi images at Card Scents. If you play along in our challenge, please leave a link here so I can check it out!!
As always, have a beautiful day!!

5 comments:

Dawn♥ said...

Oh my goodness Cassie what a cool looking card. Love the candy looking treats around the edge of the half circle. Love the bright fun colors as well.

Lorelie Kim said...

Great card and yummy colors! Can't wait to do your next challenge!!

Anonymous said...

How awesome is this!!! Love those yummy looking candies you've created!! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend friend!! :)

Heather said...

So cute and colorful!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Oooo, what a yummy card! Those candies look fabulous! :)