Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired 55: An MFT Dare (flutters)!


Happy Wednesday everyone! It's the best day of the week on my blog!!
I have a TRIPLE challenge card for you today!
1. It's Cuttlebug Be Inspired #55 - our sponsor this week is the fabulous My Favorite Things. The main image is from one of the new sets she recently released. A fall card was requested - and so I used lots of brown tones --- I think it would be lovely to live somewhere on the beach that stays beautiful in the fall and would allow for walks along the shore even in October!
2. It's Whimsical Wednesdays - The Diedrich Dare - with another fabulous sketch this week by sweet Madelynn.
 
3. It's Flutter By Wednesday and it's another "open" week - If you look closely you'll see the sweet little butterflies on my patterned paper.

I embossed the paper using the sheet music embossing folder and then added some ink to highlight that. I also distressed the edges - I've been in a real shabby/vintage mood lately!
The image was stamped on some watercolor paper and then colored in completely with Copics. I've had some brown colors for a long time and recently took a copic coloring class as my local scrapbook store is now stocking them. You can't really see any blending --- I only blended her pants anyway --- but then I added ink on top of the image to distress it so it matched my paper better!

Please take a moment to:
1. Visit the Cuttlebug Challenge blog and see the other creations there --- scroll down enough to see a glimpse at the NEW CHRISTMAS embossing folders! They are being released on Nov 2nd on HSN! VERY LIMITED QUANTITIES so if you want them - order early! I'm just sayin'!!!!

2. Visit the Flutter By girls** to see their creations using butterflies, fairies or even an angel (Danni said angels get to flutter with us during the holidays!) We want to see your creations too so be sure to link them on her blog! **Lelia just celebrated a birthday so be sure to wish her Happy Birthday, K?

3. Tour the Daredevils** too to see how they interpreted the sketch this week. Yesterday I posted a little peek inside my head and Jessica DARED the rest of the team to share with you too - I can't wait to get to know them better!
**Debbie isn't able to play with us this week - we are missing her and sending her good wishes though!

19 comments:

Taylor said...

just lovely!!!

Stef H said...

oh that's sneaky! i had to look real close! but i sure like the card!

hugs,

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautiful card Cassie - love the distressing!

Lelia Pierce said...

Great job, Cass! I'm loving your card and that bow is delish!

Hugs,
Lelia

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Very clever
Cassie!!!

I would not have noticed the butterflies if you did not point them out. That card is gorgeous!! Love the earth tones and your coloring!!
hugs,
Chris

Darla said...

Very nice Card Cassie! I really like the Shabby Chic look too. Love the paper. You do great work!

Nicola said...

Fabulous card Cassie, loving these soft tones and your distressing. Your paper, sentiment are ribbon are so pretty.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet Cassie:)
I love your beautiful card TFS
Enjoy the rest of your week:)xxx

Sandra MacLean said...

Love the vintage look it has Cassie! You're always doing different things and it's such a pleasure to swing by your blog! :)

Christine said...

I love your card and how clever of you to combine all your DT challenges in one card!!!

On the Oregon Coast you can sometimes walk on the beach in October. However, I don't think you would want to have on short sleeves. You may need a sweater instead. I used to go in late Sept every year and it was sooo beautiful. They say that the fall time has the most beautiful weather.

Blessings,
Christine

Jodi said...

This is a very cute card!! I actually do see the cute little butterflies on the paper! Adorable!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Danni said...

I spied the butterflies right away!! Hehehehe! Great card!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Boooooteeeefullll!!! Dontcha LOVE when you can triple-whammy a challenge? Great work! And hey, thanks for a SUPER fun questionnaire-I LOVED it!

Ann Kranitz said...

Gorgeous ribbon Cassie and I love the wonderful distressing on your paper!! Great Job!!

Randi said...

This is so pretty Cassie!! I love how that image looks so muted and vintage!! Such a cool effect!!
So fun getting to know everyone!! Thanks again for the fun award! I love your answer to favorite food!! I almost used that answer!!

As for the MS, so far, so good. It worked perfectly on my embossed cardstock. I even forgot that my glimmer misted one was a little damp and it was fine! And it's SO reasonable with a coupon!!

Shantaie said...

Cassie, i love the muted fall colors of your card, and that ribbon is divine!

Nancy said...

Wonderful card, Cassie!!! Love it!!

Kim R. said...

Beautiful card. You are so talented. I really enjoy seeing your work.

I enjoyed the survey. That was a lot of fun!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Such soft muted tones. So pretty! Great take on the sketch!