Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Diedrach Dare: Inspiration

Heather - I hope you have your brown-free glasses nearby - I've got lots of it today!


Jack issued the challenge this week - a treasure/pirate map - you can see it on the blog HERE

I used to have a "perfect" stamp for this challenge - a map with ships and all. Couldn't find it. And this card is actually nothing like I set out to make. When I went into my room I had every intention of using a felt X from my stash and making a CAS card ---- but then I thought of collage somewhere between the hallway and my chair!!!! I don't think this is very "clean" but it sure was "simple" to make!!

Be sure to visit the rest of the Daredevils - all are playing except Darla this week - you can find them easiest by visiting the challenge blog HERE! We have a brand new Daredevil playing with us this week - Randi Wall. EEeeekkkK! I'm so excited - she's terribly talented and sooo nice - so I'm thrilled to get to be on a team with her and get to know her better! Taylor has stepped down - I hope she'll be back soon though! And Heather - I'm sorry for all the brown on my blog today!

My Flutter By post is below!
I don't have a Cuttlebug Challenge card for you today. Apparently my package of the supplies we were to us has gone AWIT (absent while in transit)! But swing by there and see all the inspiration the rest of the team has for you!

11 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is incredible Cassie. Love all the stamping, sponging and design. Great colors. Just beautiful!
hugs,
Chris

Tricia said...

great techniques here Cassie!

Sandra MacLean said...

THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!! Really, it is. Just gorgeous Cassie! That's how I wanted mine to turn out but it just wasn't happening for me. :)

Dawn B. said...

Cassie this is perfect for that challenge. Great job..I really like the sponging..

Cathy said...

This is really beautiful Cassie!! I hope you are doing ok. Come see me sometime! Hugs, Cathy

Danni said...

Great card!Very nice!

Randi said...

Cassie this is gorgeous! It looks like real ancient parchment! What an amazing idea!! For not having 'pirate' stamps, this sure LOOKS piratey!! Very well done and very creative!!!
Thanks for the welcome and the wonderful compliment!! I am looking forward to our DT time together!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is awesome, Cassie!!! This really does look totally piratey and from what you said you had to work with i am UBER impressed! it's so cool looking! Like an artifact or something-you so rocked this one!!!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Amazing how something so simple can be so pretty! I love it! Funny thing? I have a card base sitting on my desk that is nearly identical that I chose not to use after all. I liked it but it didn't go with other elements I had made. I stained it with lemon juice to get an old parchment look. Heat minds think alike... ;)

Darla said...

Very nice Cassie! You did a great job with creating this pirate map card. love it!

Kim R. said...

This is so pretty. Love the technique you used. Great job on the challenge!