Saturday, October 10, 2009

Welcome to Paper Popsicles' second blog hop, our CREEPY, CRAWLY, Blog STOMP! Today, we hope that as you go around to each of our creative team member blogs, you will find inspiration, some tricks, and perhaps some TREATS! If you stumbled upon my blog from the main Paper Popsicles' blog GREAT!!! you are on the right track! This is your first stop!

Our porch lights are now on! As you move from one blog to the next, you will collect a TREAT (a word). Some blogs even have a FREE digi image from Cheeky Radish for you!

Gather all the treats to make a ghoulish saying and email your phrase to Melissa at melissa@paperpopsicles.com.

For your efforts, you will be entered into a RAK to win a fantastic prize—The Loud Talker Kit from October!!!! (Click the photo to see the design team gallery and this kit in action as well as the other kits available!) Please leave a comment on EVERY blog during our stomp....otherwise you might miss out on some other free treats!!!!

OH, I almost forgot! Paper Popsicles is screaming with great deals today. 25% off everything in the store and 50% off all clearance! October 10th only. www.paperpopsicles.com/store

Onto my project for today --- besides the wonderful fall weather, the thing I love most about fall is the changing trees. It's so much fun to watch them slowly change to red, orange, gold and brown throughout the fall months. I decided to use one of the Shaped Card Templates available at Paper Popsicles (what a bargain to pick some up on sale today! I think I will be completing my collection!) and create a tree inspired by the season!





Supplies:




bird die cut, Quickutz

inks

cardstock

cuttlebug & embossing folders (Moroccan & Swiss Dots

dimensionals

scissors


1. I started with a base and my template. Just traced the shape onto my cardstock and trimmed it out.


2. Using some leftover scraps, I cut the trunk and adhered it down. The leaves were embossed using the Moroccan embossing folder before being adhered. The bird was diecut and embossed as well.


3. I inked the edges first with Elegant Eggplant and then with Chocolate Chip.


4. Use dimensional to pop bird up off the tree.



I guess you want your other treat too? The treat on my blog is

SOME WICKED

Now that you have been scared into the season, don’t forget to leave a comment, then head over to Valerie's blog next!

1. Tricia http://www.triciastreasures.blogspot.com/
2. Lynda http://www.positive-force.blogspot.com/
3. Cassie http://www.fortheartofit.blogspot.com/ <---- YOU ARE HERE 4. Valerie http://www.allmyscrappin.blogspot.com/ <--- GO HERE NEXT 5. Lora http://www.singingsquirrel.blogspot.com/
6. Carol http://www.crazyforcrafting.blogspot.com/
7. Amy http://www.papertrailsleaver.blogspot.com/
8. Jen http://www.jensbrainthings.blogspot.com/
9. Robyn http://www.dreaminginscraps.blogspot.com/


HAPPY STOMPING!
Have you joined the Paper Popsicles Forum yet? There's no time like now! It's a fun and friendly place - I'd love to see you join in over there!

55 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Cassie! I love this!! I love the embossing, the paper choices, the inking, the bird . . . it's all just adorable! Wonderful!

jennifer said...

ok... this getting the creative juices flowing...thx

becca said...

darling tree!! so cute!

trick or treat!

Jen said...

very cute tree card. Embossing makes such a difference, doesn't it? Love it!
Thanks for sharing

Stacey said...

This card is sooo pretty! I love teh embossing and colors you used. Wow!

papertrails leaver said...

like your tree card!

She's a Color Queen said...

Cute card!!

Just Me said...

LOVE the tree card!! I am really LOVING shaped cards lately! IT'S FAB!
TFS!

pammie~k said...

this is really nice - the ink and embossed adds a special dimension
i need to break out of my comfort zone of rectangular or square cards

Chris said...

this is fabulous!! love the embossed top!! >"<

Robyn Schaub said...

Very pretty card! Love that bird!

Julie said...

What a great tree card!!!

Rene' said...

Wow! That tree card is beautiful! Absolutely Fall-tastic!
Scrappy Love,
Rene'

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

LOVE your shaped card Cassie!!! Great Autumn colors!

The Pavlik Family said...

Very pretty!

Leigh said...

So cute! I've been pondering trying out the shaped card template and this one is a winner.

chaseandbrady'smom said...

Love the shaped card! TFS

Gramjak said...

Fall changing colors is my FAVORITE time, too. Love this darling tree card -- the embossing and colors of shading make it perfect!

May thanks!

JoanneK said...

The embossing is awesome!!! Thanks for the new ideas!

Sue said...

Stunning tree. Fab autominal colours.

Cheri said...

Love this card!! Thanks for doing this!

Melissa said...

Pretty tree card!

Snips and Snails said...

I love the embossing on the tree. Such a cute card

Calie said...

That tree is beautiful! I never think of using patterned like you did!

Jamie Harder said...

Love the tree card - the embossing is fabulous!

Joaniebolognie said...

WOW! That is a beautiful tree card! Love the embossing!!!!

Fi said...

Love your tree shaped card and the embossing.
I am stomping on.
Hugs
Fi

Anonymous said...

trick or treating is so much fun!! thank you for sharing.

Julie said...

Beautiful card!

Southern Chic Vintage said...

I love your card. The colors are so rich and beautiful.

Sharon said...

I love the embossing on your tree!

Mary Jean said...

ohhhhh love the tree!

Lisa Foster said...

Oh I LOVE this tree! How pretty! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Tricia said...

great job with the shaped card! Glad you managed to get a new SD card too....I was missing posts from you girl!

silvia said...

Great card!! LOVE the embossing!

Unknown said...

Just stomping by!

Unknown said...

Just stomping by!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Trying this again, sorry if I double posted!

Unknown said...

Love the tree! It's so cute!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome tree card...love it!!

Kristie said...

So cute!!!

Nicole K/GothamGal said...

Wow! I love that shaped card!

SunnyNP said...

How cute! I never would have thought to do that with that template! Thanks for sharing!

Carole Stirrat said...

What a beautiful tree, love the embossing!!!

Nikki said...

The embossing it really adds so much to the tree great idea for a template :)
hugs Nikki

mustangkayla said...

What a pretty card! I love how you embossed the top!

Unknown said...

cute!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the shaped card! I love the embossing.

Steph Ackerman said...

Very pretty card

Rosalee said...

Cool Shaped Card. Love the fall colors

Renay said...

Super cute little fun project! I love it so much

Charlott's Creations said...

Love the fall colors coming out in your card. It is beautiful. Let me get stomping on. Have a great day.

Unknown said...

Great card! Stomping on ...

Tazmadazz said...

Thank you for sharing your card!!

shiubry said...

I really like the texture and tones. Very seasonal.