Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat Trio

Happy Halloween girls! It's been busy around here getting ready for this big day. DH introduced my little man to the 1960s Batman show a few months ago, resulting in an infatuation with Batman and Robin. He loves them both so much that he'll put on a blue Batman glove and a green Robin glove and be "Batman & Robin" at the same time. It worries hubby some but I just figure it's a great demonstration of problem solving! He's just like his momma --- can't pick just one!!

I have a few Halloween cards to share with you today. I created these back in February for a magazine call and they weren't selected. I decided to just hold on and post them at the actual holiday!!


This one was my favorite that I did. My sweet friend Suzanne lent me her folder. I embossed it, then used a brayer and a glue pad to apply adhesive to the raised areas. Sprinkled it with glitter. Then spent a crazy amount of time with a small brush getting excess glitter off! LOL!! The sentiment was computer generated and I also embossed the heart.

This is a little treat holder that I made. I inked the raised area on the folder using a craft white pad and then embossed it. I added googlie eyes to represent a big icky spider just lurking in that web, waiting for his next meal. Being a Texas girl, I have seen my fair share of spiders with eyes that must have been that big!

Or at least really close!! *wink*


I wonder if spiders like chocolate?

This is the last one I created. I embossed the base and then brushed it with my craft ink pad to highlight the dots. LOVE that Swiss Dots folder. The strip was trimmed from an embossed sheet, inked and then some googlie eyes added to the boo at the bottom.

I hope you have a great time tonight! Our pumpkin is carved, our candy bought and we will take our little guy out early and hopefully be back in time to greet trick-or-treaters at our house. We don't get very many which is kinda sad!

2 comments:

June Houck said...

Adorable, Cassie! Happy Halloween :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

You've been busy! These are too cute!