Sunday, September 20, 2009

Banana Split Sunday: Easy as 1-2-3!

Hello everyone! I have a quick and simple card for today's Banana Split Sunday challenge! This week it's as Easy as 1-2-3!! Use 1 ribbon, 2 stamps and 3 Dew Drops/Gems to create a card! Be sure to load up a link to your creation at the 2RedBananas blog!

I used this month's August/September Journaling set to create a card with a masculine feel. The fern stamp was used to create my own patterned paper and the journaling lines stamp was used to create my take on a journaling circle like those you can get from several places. I love that I can custom create these for whatever project I need! I think this is a trick I'll be using over and over again! Card layout is from Mercy's Tuesday Sketch this week - it was just perfect for the "recipe" we are working with!

Please take a look and see how the other Bananas used these elements!

8 comments:

Teresa said...

You are so creative. Love that masculine look. I wanted to do something with the feather and couldn't make it work on my bird. Didn't think to use two colors. Thanks for the inspiration.

Christi Flores said...

How pretty!!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

CUTE! Love it!

Allison Rankin said...

Simple yet effective...nice job!

Mara Campbell said...

beautiful, I love the blue and brown together!

Dawn B. said...

I really like the way you used this set. Great job. The colors are soothing together.

Wendy said...

Such an awesome card! I love how you used the fern stamp to make your DP. The color combo is one of my favorites, looks great. The sentiment using the large "u" is really cute.

Deb said...

Love this simple, colorful masculine card! Your *designer paper* made with the fern stamp is perfect for a fella! Great idea!