Sunday, September 13, 2009

Banana Split Sunday: A Fall Sketch

Good Sunday morning everyone! I hope your Saturday was terrific (it's Sat. evening as I write this and the little man and I had a terrific day of just chilling out at home, playing and dancing and watching Horton Hears a Who!

Since it's Sunday, it's time for another Banana Split Sunday challenge - this week it's a sketch challenge and there is a prize to go along with it as well! One lucky participant will win their choice of one of the *new* sets being released on Monday! We love that ya'll play along and share your creations with us!! So keep 'em coming!!

As I took my photo this evening, I realized that I have used a TON of brown this week. My dear friend Heather must be feeling awful! I know she said she had a headache yesterday - it's probably all my fault as she is terribly allergic to brown!! Sorry girl! I'll try to not use brown on my next creation!

I used one of the new sets on my card and paired it with some really *BriGhT* paper from a DCWV stack. I also flipped the sketch just a little. And here is a close-up of my image. I covered the sweet bear in Fun Flock and then went back with my marker to add in some of the lines. The leaves were stickled as well to mimic the glitter on the patterned paper.
Go on over and see the rest of the creations from the Banana Bunch. With all the talent on this team, it's definitely worth the trip!


6 comments:

Deb said...

So adorable Cassie! Isn't he just the sweetest image?! I love the flock and the sparkle!

Jeanette - said...

Cassie - this is so sweet!! I love the flock!! Great idea!

Danni said...

Maybe Heather will remember her brown free glasses before she looks at this! :-)
Adorable card!

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable!! I love all the brown! *wink*

Lynette said...

Cute card - great colors! I like the brown, too:)

Wendy said...

Adorable card! I love the flocking on the bear. I always hesitate to use it because I'm afraid the image will look weird, but going back over the lines with your marker worked really well. I'll have to give it a try.