Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Flutter By Wednesday: Sapphires

Post #3 of 3

Today wraps up the Birthday Celebration that Danni has been having along with FlutterBy Wednesday! Our challenge this week was to think Sapphires!! (Hey, I sell jewelry **- thinking of jewels was an easy thing!!) We were to use the color sapphire or sapphire colored gems!
I opted to use up a little scrap of kraft and make a scrapling - although I'm not positive this is the exact size of a scrapling. I need to get some magnetic tape so that this can become a bookmark for my Bible. I chose "soar" as my sentiment because I believe that is God's desire for us. He wants us to soar - soar in His love, soar in the joy that only He can give, soar in spite of the trials that may seek to beat us down.

Please visit the rest of the Flutter By team - and for certain spend time at Danni's blog - this is the last week of blog candy! Thanks so much for playing along and making her 40th birthday extra special!!!

AnnChrisChristineDanni
HarrietHeatherJodiLelia
MichelleNancyNicolaStef

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for your visit and your sweet comments. I'm still surprised every time that people choose to swing by here. And you always leave me with a smile on my face! I've got lots of ideas swirling in my head and hope to be able to bring them out to paper in the next little bit. BUT first.....
I've been so busy the last few weeks. Things have certainly suffered here at home and I plan to spend the next several days focusing on those things that have taken a back seat - like dusting!!! And not just basic dusting, but the vacuum along the baseboards and all. I saw a dead spider caught in a web in a corner the other night - nothing like an icky spider to bring the message home! Who knows how many days he'd been there. I'm just thankful that I hung some pants to dry in the doorway so that I would notice! LOL!!! Luckily I think my little man will take over the duster and dust the walls!

Have a beautiful week!!

10 comments:

Danni said...

I just love your creations! Always so clean and simple and gorgeous! This is no exception!! Love it!

Kristie W. said...

I love this, its beautiful and will make such a nice bookmark!

Jeanette - said...

Oooo, this is beautiful Cassie!

bdbrecheen said...

My, what a busy girl you have been. Lots to love on your blog! You have become quite the artist my friend.
Miss ya!
Bridget

Michelle said...

What a great idea and I totally agree with the SOAR sentiment. God does want that for all and why not have something for us to remember as we read his words - awesome creation!

Lynette said...

Oh, I love your little "scrapling!" Your other cards for today are great, too. Thanks for a great blog.

Tricia said...

gotta lift this. Very classy!

Christine said...

So simple but so beautiful!

Blessings,
Christine

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Cassie girl!!!

I missed ya this week!!! I was forced to talk to Jess all week!!! LOL not that that is any kind of a bad thing she is also super fun to talk to but since you and Janna were not around I had to talk to someone right??? LOL!!!

I think your clean and simple was greatly achieved in this card!!! I wish I could sit down and make creations like this I would get a lot more done, but I always feel that I have to do more and more and then I end up doing nothing!!! LOL!!!! Check out my projects this week for The Character Cafe Blog Hop I am especially proud of them!!!!

Heather

Nicola said...

I love the sheer simplicity and elegance here Cassie and what a wonderful sentiment.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-