Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired 48: Gift Bag & Card

Post #1
We are continuing our 1 Year Birthday Celebration at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog! This week it's all about the GIFTS!! What's a birthday without gifts? (You can see my invite here).

In keeping with my '50s Sock Hop/Grease theme, I used some very classic 1950's Grease colors: pink, white and black and of course, kept it really simple!

The bag is actually a bag that has a company logo along the bottom! I just covered it up with paper!!

Here's a close-up shot of the bag decoration! "It's Your Party" is a little play on words; maybe you remember that song from the '50s "It's My Party" --- well, just a little twist and it's perfect!

And then here is the close-up of the card - same paper, same embossing, same border punch. I kinda makes me think of those crinoline (?) underskirts they would wear under the poodle skirts so they would stick out. Again, my sentiment is another well known '50s song!

Thanks for checking in this morning!! Be sure to visit the Cuttlebug Challenge blog and see all the other wonderful creations by the team!

9 comments:

csroyal said...

These are so sweet and perfect, Cassie!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Cassie! Love the CAS design!

(-: Heidi

Tricia said...

cute cute cute. that color combo is my favorite too!

SJDWolf said...

Gorgeous and very Grease! TFS.

Shantaie said...

Cassie, such a great way to be a "green stamper" by reusing a bag..and LOVE the music folder for this theme! So cool

Anonymous said...

Hi Cassie these ar e `gorgeous` I love your sweet 16 theme..
Oh to be 16 again!!!!!!hmmm takes me back...
Any 16 year old would love these..TFS
Enjoy your weekend:)x

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love that song! I've also used company bags and recovered them. Way to go 'green'!

Amber said...

Such an adorable gift bag and card Cassie! Pink & black are my favorite colors:)
Hugs
Amber

Esther Asbury said...

The color combo is great, and you did a super job on both projects. Just goes to prove that "simple" can be so very pretty!!