Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge 47: Birthday Invitations

It's all about birthdays this month at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog as we celebrate our FIRST birthday!! By the end of the month, you'll have everything you need to throw a Celebration that will be Remembered Forever!!

I hope you'll join us ALL month long for all the excitement!!

This week we are focusing on Invitations --- makes sense since they are the first thing that has to be done for a party! Last week I worked on something and it made me think of Grease 2 -- my favorite of the Grease duo....and that led to me picking a 1950's Sock Hop/Grease theme for my party this month! (Even though Grease 2 is pretty late '50s-early '60s maybe) (Hey: It's My Party and I'll Cry If {nope, DO WHAT} I Want To!! -- anybody know that song? I used to spend hours growing up at my grandma's listening to old LPs - I still love oldies music and Lesley Gore rocks!!!}

It's a VERY SIMPLE invite!! I'm of the personal opinion that if (A) I have to make a ton of something and (B) people are going to throw it away then (C) I'm not going to create something elaborate that takes tons of time and product! But that's just me!! Hey - those of you who have been reading this blog for awhile now are probably not surprised!! I can be a lazy stamper - not ashamed to admit it!! I used the circle nestabilities to cut out the record, then used them as a guide to trace the "grooves" on in silver pen. The inside was embossed with the invite folder and the details added in silver pen as well. Hubby created the "Happy Birthday" record label for the center!! He's such a genius - it took him about a minute and that's only because I didn't explain very well were I wanted the Happy Birthday!

Hopefully though, my little record is spiking the curiosity of the invitees and has them thinking of jukeboxes, poodle skirts and leather jackets.

Before I send you off to see the Cuttlebug Challenge blog -- I'll leave a link for another of my favorite song/dance numbers from Grease 2!

20 comments:

Shantaie said...

Cassie,
Grease is an amazing idea for a birthday party...Im sooo looking forward to seeing all of your party projects!

Anonymous said...

How creative Cassie!! This is just too awesome!! TFS!HUGS

csroyal said...

I think this invite is perfect! and I love Grease and Grease 2...many fond memories of watching and listening to these both with my daughters, who would love a 'Grease' party. (Ewww)

Dawn♥ said...

Ahh Cassie this is so cute. Great idea! :)
♥Dawn♥

Karen said...

Love the LP theme and the simplicity of the LP card! It rocks girl! Can not wait to see the rest of your projects.

Hugs,
Karen

Stef H said...

i liked leslie gore too. she went to sara lawrence with a few girls i knew and they all said she was a SNOB! well heck. i'd be a snob too if i made a hit record!

love the card!

hugs,

Tricia said...

cute and great use of that folder!

Unknown said...

Simple, but totally creative and totally cute! A good idea doesn't need to be elaborate!

(-: Heidi

Rosemary said...

Too fun!!! Oh I can't wait to see the completed set!..You may think your invite is simple, but hey..it's a record!!..lol..

Anonymous said...

Hey Cassie I think your card totally `Rocks` and hey I didnt say
Happy 40th B`day` to your hubbie hope you all had a fab time..
(It was my Mothers B`day on the 31st to)
Have a fab week:)xxx

SJDWolf said...

Awesome card! I had to explain to my kids what a record was though! hehe. tfs

June Houck said...

Your record turned out so cute! Great shape card too :)

Esther Asbury said...

Cute card! I agree on the quick and simple for mass producing! I'm of the same mindset! It's still homemade and not store bought!

Michelle said...

who doesnt just adore grease and all things grease! this invitation is fantastic! hugs
michelle

Jeanette - said...

This is VERY cool Cassie! I'm with you on the "simple for the things that are getting thrown away" motto too :)

Ramona said...

great idea! I love it all to pieces. My son would just love this invitation. He played in the musical Grease many years ago. I almost past out because I had never seen my children be in anything so "loose'! LOL!

Wellnifty said...

Fab idea, looks great

Chris xx

Unknown said...

Your invitation fits your theme perfectly!

Cat said...

Perfect invitation for the party! It sounds like so much fun!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I totally agree, I have no time for things that will be tossed! Your records are cute and super simple.