Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Flutter By Wednesday: Velvet Flocked Butterflies

Post #2
Wednesday means it's time for Flutter By Wednesday! Danni is celebrating a milestone birthday this month and so we're celebrating all month long too! Jacque is our guest designer this week; be sure to swing by her blog and take a look at what she has created for this week's challenge!

Dannie asked that we use the color pink - her favorite - along with our butterflies or fairies this week. Several weeks ago I found the most scrumptious BROWN flocked butterfly paper. It was in my basket sooo quick - I knew there would be a challenge to use it on sometime.

And a close-up of the most beautiful paper!!
I based my card on the Fall-to-Layout #58 at Clean & Simple. I only used a bit of it so *you know* you'll be seeing this fabulous paper again!
Please take a moment to visit the rest of the Flutter By team!

12 comments:

Stef H said...

so elegant!

hugs,

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so soft, sweet and elegant Cassie!!! Love it!!

Michelle said...

Cassie - your card is beautiful!! Love the pink and brown and it's so sweet and elegant!!

Tricia said...

that velvet has a nice romantic feel!

Nicola said...

Ooh that paper is lush and your card so pretty Cassie.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Jodi said...

I love this pretty card and the length that you made it! The pearls really makes your card!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Harriet Skelly said...

Cassie this card is gorgeous!! I love that flocked paper! Hugs, Harriet

Christine said...

Your card is beautiful!!! I love that paper. I have such a hard time with simple.

Blessings,
Christine

Heather Schlatter said...

Now I have never made me up one of those tall and skinny cards but you did a wonderful job on this!!! I really like most of the card and part of it makes me really nausious (sp?) sorry!!! No actually I have some sort of virus that is causing me to be really dizzy lightheaded headache and nausea (and nope I am not pregnant!!!) But I feel like I could be if I did not know better!!!

Heather

Danni said...

LOL @ Heather...
Beautiful card...so elegant and pretty!

Nancy said...

The flocking is stunning, Cassie! I love this card! Awesome job!

Rebecca Ednie said...

wow, so pretty! Love that paper