Saturday, September 12, 2009

One Cool Dude

Hi everyone! I hope you've had a great day! I wanted to share a card with you that I *meant* to share yesterday, just never got it photographed.

Mindy Baxter has been designing some really cute Penny stamps for 2RedBananas the last few months and this month we have a "boy" version to add to the line - Meet Jack. Skater Jack in fact! All the new images will be available on Monday, September 14th!

I found this fun road sign paper earlier in the week and figured it would be neat to pair with this image. Too bad there isn't a skating sign on the paper somewhere! I colored him with my Prismacolor pencils - NO blending medium -- just left it raw and used a few colors to get some shading. What do you think? I kinda like it. Needs some refining I think but I know I'll be using it some more. I accented his t-shirt with a road sign cut from the paper and then another road sign as part of my sentiment. The inside will read something like "until you've mastered the move" or goal or technique or something - I'm still working on getting it just right.

Take a moment to visit the rest of The Banana Bunch and see their creations!
And I also wanted to share a new blog I started with you Top Ten Creations. I'd love for you to check it out --- one of my favorite cards this week features Skater Jack as well - it's totally rad!! (do kids even still say that these days?)

3 comments:

Javablustamper said...

Hey there girl!!!
How are you Cass? Hope you are well!! This is SUPER cute!! LOVE that DP!!!! Have an AWESOME weekend!!


Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Jeanette - said...

oh Cassie - this is GREAT!! I love everything about it and that paper is just perfect! I love the sign on his shirt and the sentiment too :)

Girlsinthecraft said...

This is way too adorable Cassie. Just love that skateboardin' dude! The papers and accents are just perfect!..........deanna