Saturday, July 26, 2014

Hideaway Cove by Anna Sullivan, A Review ★★★★

Hideaway Cove (Windfall Island, #2)

Amazon          Goodreads          Barnes and Noble
Books-A-Million          Book Depository

Book Description

Publication Date: July 29, 2014

Jessi Randal walked away from her last relationship with a baby and a broken heart. Now, years later, the last thing this single mom wants is to give Windfall Island—and all its nosy residents—anything more to gossip about. But the moment she lays eyes on the tall, sexy stranger with the slow Southern drawl, she knows she's in delicious trouble . . . 

Holden Abbot is on the island to find the missing heir to the Stanhope family fortune. It's his job to charm as many secrets out of the town as possible. And if he can charm Jessi into his bed, even better. When all evidence points to her as the heir, a dangerous enemy sets his sights on Jessi and her son. Now Holden will have to risk everything to protect the family he's come to love. 

Review

I received an eARC copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. Here is my honest review.


This is Book #2 in the Windfall Island series. I have not read the first book and do think that this book could be read without reading the first. There is a nice prologue provided that provides needed information. This book is also a romance wrapped around a mystery and it was the mystery element that really captured my attention. It was slow getting into the book at the beginning but as I continued to read and more clues to the mystery were revealed I found myself wanting to continue reading. 

I can't say that I feel a need to go back and read the first book and I'm pretty sure I can see where some of the story will end up in the third book (it's pretty predictable at this point). That being said, I do have the third book on my radar as I am interested in seeing how Sullivan gets us to the solved mystery.

My four star rating is due to the mystery element and how much that pulled me in. Without that, this would be a three star rating -- which still means I enjoyed it. 

I gave this book: 

★ = I did not like it     ★ = It was okay     ★ = I liked it    
★ = I really liked it     ★ = I loved

No comments: