Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Revenge of the Cube Dweller: A Tanzie Lewis Novel by Joanne Fox Phillips, A Review ★★★★

Revenge of the Cube Dweller

Amazon          Goodreads          Barnes and Noble
Books-A-Million          Book Depository



Book Description

Tanzie Lewis used to have it all. The stylish wife of a successful oil executive at the top of the Houston social scene, she used to spend her days playing scratch golf or lunching with friends at the club. That was before she was dumped in favor of a beautiful younger woman and the global financial crisis wreaked havoc on her divorce settlement. Now, at 52, Tanzie finds herself depressed and alone in Tulsa, watching her waist size grow and her professional opportunities shrink, working as a minion for clueless bosses in the internal audit department of the Bishop Group. So what’s a “girlie” to do? Snoop!
Taking advantage of Bishop Group’s security weaknesses, she begins to unravel the intricate warp and woof of corporate fraud, manipulation, and a cover-up that enrages her. Avenging the death of innocent Houstonians after a massive pipeline explosion, and uncovering her own hidden talents for sleuthing and cleverly tampering with the system, Tanzie dishes out her own justice to get even—and to get a little something for herself!

Review

I received an eARC copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. Here is my honest review.


What a refreshing book to read! I found Tanzie to be easy to relate to - not because we share life experiences, but because she seemed so real. She was an average, flawed woman. Not flawed in drastic ways - just normal everyday ways. She was really honest with herself. This book was written in first person and sometimes I find that perspective to be .... shallow. Phillips writes very well and really drew me in to the story. 

By the time I finished the book, I had forgotten there was a subtitle to the book. It was left open for there to be other Tanzie Lewis books and I certainly look forward to reading more! If you are a fan of Kinsey Milhone, you'll like Tanzie Lewis!

I gave this book: 

★ = I did not like it     ★ = It was okay     ★ = I liked it    
★ = I really liked it     ★ = I loved it

No comments: