Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer Library Challenge - Library Storytime

read
Library Storytime - share a library story

My mom was really great about taking up to the library during the summer when I was growing up. I don't know if it was as big a deal to my siblings; it was my anticipated event of the day! We went every two weeks when books were due. Because we were only going to come once every two weeks, I made sure to have plenty of reading material available. As long as I could carry it, my mom was okay with it!

Sometime after I was in college, they closed the branch nearest our house and built a new building for it. It was a little further away and is the library that is closest to where my family lives now. We end up there at least once a week. It is a really nice building -- but it feels different. Don't get me wrong, I still love it but as a child, there were my favorite books that I wanted to read every summer and I knew just where they were. I'm not sure if the new organization system is "new" or not, but it did take me a looong time to figure out where my favorites were.

I do wish that our library would put in some more comfortable chairs for sitting and reading. They don't really invite one to sit and stay awhile. 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I remember when our library built a new one and moved it, they put the children's department upstairs, which I thought was silly. That was before Teen sections too, so I had to hunt and find the YA section in the children's department. Luckily there was a nice comfy chair in front of the new section.

Great post!