Sunday, July 5, 2009

2RB: Patriotic Please

I hope your 4th of July was a fantastic day! We celebrated my brother's birthday with a cookout at my parent's house and then fireworks in the evening. This is one of my favorite holidays. I'm so thankful for the freedoms that I have, for the founding fathers who believed in it and fought for it and for those men and women who fight for it today - both for us and for others less fortunate around the world!

Since it's Sunday that means it's time for another Banana Split Sunday; this week's challenge is all things patriotic! Be sure to visit the 2RedBananas blog to see the other creations by the design team. We'd love to have you play along with us as well. Just link up your creation at the blog!

I knew that I wanted to make a patriotic bee as soon as I saw this weeks theme. He's colored with my prismacolors and baby oil. The sketch is from 2Sketches4You. The paper and star gems are from my stash!


Check out the rest of the bunch and leave them some love!

8 comments:

Kim Sonksen said...

That bee is super cute! What a darling card, cassie

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cassie,l love the image and paper.

Hugs Riet.x

Jami said...

What a fun way to color that bee! Love the gingham ribbon!

Becky said...

This is just so cute, love the red white and blue bee.

Deb said...

So cute and creative! I love the way you colored this! Fun papers, scalloped edge, and fabulous gingham bow!

Christine said...

So cute!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

This is so cute Cassie!!! I love that bee with the red white and blue!!!

I am sorry you had a headache last night!!!

I have been wanting to call you but I have forgotten your phone number???

I never wrote it down just memorized it and now it is gone out of my head!!!

I remember 681 and that is it???

How I forgot it I do not know!!!

Heather

Wendy said...

This card is so cute! I LOVE your patriotic bee. I never would have thought of that!