Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Seashell, Seashell

Happy Tuesday everyone!! Just popping in real quick to share a card I made Sunday evening with you. I've been following the Dare to Get Dirty challenges at SCS and when I saw the challenge to make your own decorative paper, I knew immediately that I wanted to do that and use the seashells from the July Journaling set at 2RedBananas. This is absolutely my favorite of the Journaling sets --- at least so far! I reserve the right to change my mind when the next one comes out!!! LOL!

My base is Baja Breeze and was embossed with the D'vine Swirls folder. It makes me think of water so I figured it was a great fit. I need the Shell Collage folder now though - that would be a great one with this set!

The patterned paper panel is cream and was stamped with various Encore ink pads. I haven't used those in forever but fell in love with them all over again! I love their muted, metallic look. I've had them so long I don't even know if they are still being made. Geesh. I then added some scribbly text in Encore Gold.

The quote was stamped in Encore as well, then matted. I stamped the sand dollar image over the quote - ya'll know how I love over-stamping!! The seashell was brushed with the gold ink as well just to ton it down a bit --- it seemed too stark white against the cream cardstock I used.

I think this card is pretty simple and basic, but nice just the same. What do you think? I love to read all your comments - thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Have a beautiful day my blog friends!

7 comments:

Stef H said...

cassie, good to see you! this is gorgeous. soft colors and just fabulous!

hugs,

Jeanette - said...

Ooo, this is gorgeous Cassie!! The inks look really pretty! I love overstamping too :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Cassie!! I love your background and the soft colors!! Gorgeous!!

Becky said...

Cassie This is beautiful, I love this,

Linda Beeson said...

This is just so beautiful! LOVE the softness of the colors.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cassie,i love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

cr8iveme said...

beautiful card.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS