Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Buttons and Bows

This is my 2nd post today. Be sure to scroll down for my Cuttlebug Challenge card showcasing the NEW Owl Flourish folder.

Michelle challenged the Flutter By team this week to use buttons and bows along with our butterflies (or fairies).

I kept it really simple *again* and just created a one layer card. The butterfly is a sticker I picked up at the dollar store. The sentiment is Stamping Bella I think. That scrumptious grosgrain ribbon is from my mother-in-law's vintage stash. She had a whole sack full she let me dig through awhile back. I'm sure that I could find some at any local store or online -- but there is just something about vintage ribbon isn't there?

Be sure to visit the rest of the Flutter By team and see what they have created! I am so excited to welcome Taylor Usry to the team. (She's also back with us on Twinkling Tuesdays too!) So be sure to leave her a welcome message!

AnnAshleyCathyChris
ChristineDanniHarriet
Heather - on hiatus (but she posts when she can!)
Jodi - on maternity leave
KimLeliaMichelle
NancyNicolaStefTaylor

24 comments:

Lelia Pierce said...

What a beauty! Look at that yummy bow! I love the butterfly sticker too!

Hugs,
Lelia

Anonymous said...

The ribbon on here really makes the card! Beautiful!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful Cassie! Gorgeous ribbon and love the butterfly! I left you a pretty little surprise on my blog!

Lucy Chesna said...

Beautiful creations
COngrats and you are the 2nd prize winner for the SNR Card Universe blog hop. Come check it out here
http://mysketchworld.blogspot.com/2009/07/winners-for-snr-card-universe-blog-hop.html

Heather Schlatter said...

Cassie this is super adorable and I wish I knew how to make those Huge Pretty Bows like so many of you do!!!

I had wanted to do something like this with my bows but went another direction!!!

Love the colors too!!!

Heather

Michelle said...

Very cute card and I love your bow - please tell me how you did it...mine never look that fluffy!!!

June Houck said...

That ribbon is luscious! I have those butterflies from the $1 bin at Michael's :)

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this clean and simple beauty! Fabulous big bow!!!

Samantha said...

Adorable card!

Vicki said...

Wow! How pretty! The ribbon is perfect! Sweet card! Blessings to you!

Jodi said...

Cassie, very pretty card! Love the bow, that is just so pretty!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cassie.

Hugs Riet.x

Nicola said...

Such an eegant card Cassie and your bow is awesome.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Ann Kranitz said...

How beautiful is this!! That vintage ribbon really makes the card. Love it!!

Harriet Skelly (SCS hskelly) said...

I love this CAS card - and that ribbon is totally yummy!

Stef H said...

beautiful. and nope. don't think you can find ribbon that fabulous in the store.

hugs,

Jeanette - said...

Cassie - this is beautiful! I love the CAS style! Your bow is gorgeous and it's way more fun when it's ribbon that has been shared :)

Danni said...

I love the big bow...I can't do bows! LOL!
Gorgeous card!

danni reid. said...

oh THAT bow, swooooon! love this sweet cass!

hugs & so much love!
danni

Ann said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Cassie! Hope to play along with this one tomorrow...

Michelle said...

this is so lovely cassie... TFS!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cassie!! This is just darling!! I love your big bow!! Awesome!! ;)

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!! Love that ribbon!!

Christine said...

I love the simple cards. I just have a hard time doing them!

Blessings,
Christine