Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Twinkling Tuesday: Vintage Sparrow

Good afternoon girls! It's Tuesday and we have another great (challenging) sketch this week to work with! Be sure to visit the Twinkling Tuesday blog and see what our featured designer Kim created with this sketch!

Madelynn gave her brother Jack another chance to design a sketch for us and boy did he come up with something great! The first time I looked at it I thought "ooooh, nice". Then it came time to actually create my card and I thought "hmmmm, how to handle those horizontal bits?" The possibilities were endless!

I slept on it actually and decided on lace and a vintage feel. The lace is from my local Walmart; every so often I find some lace packaged up in these plastic balls for $1. The velvet ribbon at the top is from 2RedBananas.
I stuck close to Jack's sketch this week and love how it turned out! I hope you'll play along with us this week too! Be sure to visit the rest of the team and see what they've come up with!
ChristiDarlaDebbie
HeatherJacquieJanna
Jessica (a.k.a. Mommy :)
KimLisaRebecca
SandraTaylor

Have a beautiful day!!

16 comments:

Danni said...

Oh so pretty!! I just love the touches of lace!

Jeanette - said...

This is so beautiful! So vintage and peaceful! Great job!

Christine said...

This is beautiful. I love all the lace and the distressed edges.

Blessings,
Christine

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is just beautiful, Cassie! LOVE that lace border!

Dawn B. said...

I love this vintage style. What a great sketch. I think your card turned out super. Thanks so much for your warm welcome to the 2RedBanana group. I really appreciate it...

Tifany said...

Beautiful card!

Rebecca Ednie said...

i love it. you sure did stick to the sketch. the ribbons are gorgeous!!

Heather Schlatter said...

You did a wonderful job on this and captured the feel of this sketch in such an elegant way!!!! Tomorrow is crazy, but I promise I will call you at some point on my Journy on Thursday as I know I will be board!!!!

You totally rocked this Cassie!!!

Heather

Cheryl Walker said...

Very pretty card, and love the vintage look!!!

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Vicki said...

Beautiful card! Love this image! Blessings to you!

Riet said...

Ohh wowww Cassie,what a beautiful card,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Leslie said...

I love the image, the distressing, and the lace! Awesome job!

Will have to try this sketch this week:)

Darla said...

Cassie - this is such a pretty card! I love the lace and vintage look about it. I'll have to check my local Wally world for some inexpensive lace. You did beautiful work, and its' a great interpretation of the sketch!

Christi Flores said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous!!!

Sandra MacLean said...

Ahhh! Now that's just a great idea to use the ribbon as the horizontal details! Love the soft, vintage look to this card Cassie. I can't believe you're still with us even with all the stuff you have going on! I bet you don't stop moving most days, do you? :D Try to have a relaxing weekend won't you? hehehe

Lisa said...

Just beautiful! I love the lace so very pretty =D