Sunday, July 26, 2009

Banana Split Sunday: Spell It Out

Good morning!! I hope you've had a great weekend! I had a meeting on Friday afternoon and my mom was going to watch my little man --- and then volunteered to keep him overnight. She said we could have "date night"; great plan but I worked Friday night! So we "date day" yesterday instead! It was soooo nice to sleep in and then we went and saw Transformers in the theatre.

I'm thrilled you stopped by today; the Banana Split Challenge this week is a lot of fun! The challenge is to use alphabet stickers on your project and Jeanette is giving away the Coco, Weathervane and Night Light alphabet stickers to a lucky participant.

I created a card that I think is perfect for a young boy graduating from preschool or kindergarten. I remember my baby brother had a preschool graduation and it was a pretty big deal.

The image is from the So Proud set, one of the exclusive images you can find at 2RedBananas. Did you know you can get lots of other supplies at 2RedBananas as well? The patterned paper I used is Jack from October Afternoon . There are lots of other goodies as well!

My card also fulfills a few of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges over at SCS: one to use letters and another to use tags. I love this color combo - a true red and Baja Breeze. Is there a close and good substitute of Baja Breeze? If you know, please leave a little note for me. I can see my stack of it dwindling away!

Have a beautiful day!

9 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cassie,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Christine said...

Really cute card! I love the image!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Unknown said...

beautiful card, and wonderful image, love it.

Christine said...

Hi Cassie,

I left some things for you on my blog. I hope you have fun with them!

Blessings,
Christine

Jeanette - said...

Cassie - this is precious! I love everything about it! Sounds like you had a fun 'date day' too :)

Teresa said...

Adorable card. Love those scallops and the hanging letters, very creative.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Hey Cassie,
Your card is super cute and so perfect for a kindergarten grad! I love the tags that you made and the ribbon thru them is just perfect!

cr8iveme said...

Adorable.

{sugars hugs}
Mary

Javablustamper said...

Hey Cass!! Your creation is AWESOME, as always!! I LOVE it!! I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I thank you for being you!! I appreciate you and thank you for sharing your talent, for being such an inspiration, for all your kind words and for all your encouragement!! Hope you are well and when you have time, stop by my blog, I have something for you!!!


Take care!
Jacquie,Javablustamper!