Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge 42: National Friendship Day

It's Wednesday and time for another Be Inspired Challenge at Cuttlebug Challenge blog.

National Friendship Day is here! Create a gatefold card to celebrate your best friends. We were also asked to use our favorite folder from the new releases.

I adore the new Victoria folder - it appeals to the softer, romantic side of me. I also think the flourish frame is pretty darn fabulous!!
I trimmed out the center and inserted a white embossed piece as well. The "friend" was die cut with my Cuttlebug too! And isn't that butterfly the greatest! Mrs. J sent it to me all the way from across the ocean. Thanks so much!!
Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to visit the Cuttlebug Challenge blog and see the rest of the team's creations. Then upload your own gatefold card so we can see it too!
Have a beautiful day!!


23 comments:

Lelia Pierce said...

I love this card, Cassie! I need to make a gate fold...haven't done on of those in ages! Thanks for the inspiration! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Stef H said...

i pre-ordered all 6 of the new embossing folders and i'm still waiting for them. i cannot wait to get my grubby hands on them.

this is absolutely gorgeous. i love the center piece!

hugs,

Ingrid said...

Beautiful card, Cassie. I love how you used the new folders.

Karen said...

Beautiful card! Love the little touch of bling, and colors!

Hugs,
Karen

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cassie,i love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Dawn♥ said...

OH my goodness Cassie I love your newest card! GORGEOUS! :)
♥Dawn♥

danni reid. said...

beautiful card Cassie, love your white, so, so beautiful!

Harriet Skelly said...

So beautiful Cassie! I can't wait to get my new folders!!

Becky said...

This is beautiful Cassie.

Cathy said...

I love this!! The colors are beautiful and I love gatefold cards. Very pretty!! Hugs, Cathy

Lesly said...

Incredibly beautiful card. The embellishments are the perfect touch. TFS.

cr8iveme said...

wonderful card.

{sugars hugs}
Mary

specialcraftmom4 said...

this is just lovely!

Christine said...

Beautiful card. I love it! I can't wait to see those folders!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Anonymous said...

Hi Cassie:)
Your card is soo `beautifuly elegaNT...`Beautiful`..
Enjoy the rest of your week:)x

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a nice accent that blue piece makes. That new folde is very pretty. I haven't seen them yet but then I'm trying not to look. I already have over 20 folders I don't really need any more :-)

Ramona said...

Cassie this is soooo beautiful. I made my gate card last night but had to wait for some things to dry before I can takes pics and post. You are so talented. I love all your work.

Unknown said...

Great cards. I'm hoping to find some of the new Cuttlebug folders this weekend at a craft demo I am going to.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow Cassie! This is gorgeous!!! Love that new centerpiece!

Unknown said...

Cassie, this is so pretty!!

June Houck said...

GORGEOUS! I love how you used the flourish frame on the opening. The "friend" font is really cool too :)

CathyC said...

Beautiful card.
Cassie, to thank you for your lovely comments, I have an award on my blog for you!!!

Rebecca Ednie said...

What a pretty folder, I love how you cut it out.