Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge 39: Whooo!

It's Wednesday again and that means more sneak peeks at one of the new embossing folders that Provo Craft is releasing for the Cuttlebug at CHA! The design team at Cuttlebug Challenges will be creating cards, layouts and projects all month long! Be sure to visit there often so as not to miss anything! There are several places you can preorder the folders online and HSN is having a pre-sale too on July 9th!

We at Cuttlebug Challenge are wanting to make it even easier for you to participate each week so you'll see several elements at play in the challenges. You can use all the elements like the team or just the ones that work for you! Our goal is that you'll Be Inspired to create something and share it with us! I've found so many wonderful new blogs because you link up your creations!

This week the team was asked to use 3 colors: a bright orange, turquoise and a celery green along with the new OWL folder coming out. Danni even suggested that we include some sort of nature --- or non-scrapping item in our project. (I missed that one)



I think this folder looks great just embossed in white and was tempted to do something along those lines. But the bright colors we were given just screamed to be used. I don't use brights very often and so I really wanted to step out of the box.
I embossed my white panel and then used a Versamarker pen to go over the raised portions. My image was then colored with my chalks and the applicator that came with the set. Some blue gems for the eyes add a bit of sparkle to the card. I also trimmed it down before mounting it to my base.
What do you think? Be sure to visit the Cuttlebug Challenge blog and see what the rest of the girls came up with. I've seen a few already this week and they are awesome!! You won't be disappointed by the detour!

25 comments:

Jacquel said...

What a bright and pretty card....love that ribbon you used too!

Karen said...

How adorable Cassie! Love that ribbon too!

Hugs,
Karen

paige said...

I love the look you gave it by trimming around the embossing on the side and bottom.

Anonymous said...

Cassie your card is sooo `beautiful`
Love that ribbon:)
Enjoy the rest of your Day :) x

Jeanette - said...

Cassie - this is adorable! I love the colors and how you cut out the swirls at the bottom. Great job!

Unknown said...

Cassie, this is so stinkin' cute!! I love it...especially the owl's eyes!! Adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I love the sparkliness of the gems!

Lelia Pierce said...

Niiiiiiiicccccceee!

Ewonne said...

This is just to pretty! Love how you colored the embossed part!

Heather Schlatter said...

The Ribbon is Awesome Cassie, and I love the new folder!!! Wooo Hoot!!!! great card!!!!

Heather

June Houck said...

Where do you get all of these wonderful ribbons? You have had me drooling all over my keyboard ;)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cassie,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Ingrid said...

Love card, Cassie. Love how you used the owl folder.

Nicola said...

This ois gorgeous Cassie, I love that wee owl.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous! Love the cute owl and the colors! TFS!

Stef H said...

this folder will have to go on my wish list and i'm soooo glad you colored it. it's stunning.

hugs,

Rosemary said...

Cassie, this is so bright and fun!!..love the color you choose for the folder and wow on that cool ribbon!!

Shantaie said...

Cassie, Im so envious of your clean and distinct style...I LOVE how you used this folder!! your "bug sister" Shantaie

Eva said...

This is so cute Cassie!!!

BettyBee said...

Cassie ~ great job! This is a really cute card! I love the idea of using the versamark pen and chalk. Great use of different medium.
BettyBee

danni reid. said...

love that you colored the lines, they screamed to be showcased & you worked them brilliantly!

hugs & so much love!
danni

Ann said...

Totally adorable! I love how you worked with these colors!

Michelle said...

terrific work with this new and exciting folder.. love the orange ribbon..its ideal for this wonderful card!

cr8iveme said...

beautiful card.

{sugar hugs}
Mary

Janelle said...

Love this card with the new owl folder. I always forget about using my chalks with versamark. Maybe I'll try that later today. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for visiting my blog!