Saturday, July 11, 2009

Stamping with your Embossing Folders

I have two exciting things to share with you today!

First, 2RedBananas will be releasing 5 new sets next week on July 15th. More Quotes features 3 quotes, one of which I've featured on my card today.

Second, I discovered a new use for my Cuttlebug embossing folders --- you can use them as a "stamp" and create lovely patterned papers. To view the tutorial, head over to the Cuttlebug Challenge (ETA: tutorial on THIS POST or click the picture above)! Here's a close-up shot of my panel before being trimmed for my card.

I used a card sketch from Technostamper who posts her Lunchtime Sketches on Monday. Thanks for stopping by!
Be sure to visit the rest of the 2RedBananas team to see The Week of Peeks. There is a new illustrator launching 3 sets that are super cute! We also welcome a new guest designer for the next few months. Her blog is wonderful --- check it out!!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

pure genius cassie.and gorgeous use of the CB folder for such beautiful BG prints.. tfs! michelle.

Teresa said...

That is a very cool background, very regal for the quote.

Jeanette - said...

Cassie - this is a beautiful card. What a cool background - thanks for the tutorial link!

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea! I can't wait to give this a try!

I have an award for you on my blog!

http://melisascraps.blogspot.com

Christi Flores said...

Beautiful!!

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous......I luv green, wonderful work!

I have blog candy to offer, check it out!

enjoy *~*

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow, this looks great. I love learning new tricks with the products that I already have, TFS!

Liz Weber said...

Oh I can't wait to get this embossing folder - I loved your Cuttlebug projects Cassie, thanks for the inspiration!