Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge 41: Anything But A Card

Good morning!! It's Wednesday and time for another terrific challenge by the Cuttlebug Challenge design team. It's been so much fun this month Counting Down to CHA and designing with the new embossing folders from Provo Craft. I'm incredibly thankful for the opportunity to create with them. I hope you've been enjoying all the inspiration too!

This week we were asked to use the new Victoria folder (which is one of my favorites!) and to create anything we wanted as long as it wasn't a card! Oh the possibilities!

I picked up these plant markers last year in the Target $pot, not sure why as I am not really a gardening kinda gal but I thought they were cool!

Here's how I altered them:

Here's a close-up shot:
I just wrapped some embossed paper around the metal plate, added some letter stickers and some buttons, gems and butterflies as decoration!

What's growing in my imaginary garden? All the things I think it would be lovely to have:
beans, peas, carrots, squash and rhubarb*.
*Don't knock it until you've tried it. I always thought rhubarb was icky (although I'm not sure what I based that on) until several summers ago when hubby and I traveled up north with his mom and visited family. His aunt had this Rhubarb Crisp that was DIVINE!! It's a tart taste and oh so yummy!
Be sure to visit the Cuttlebug Challenge blog and see what the rest of the team came up with. I've had some sneak peeks and they are stunning, as always!!
Also, be sure to scroll down for my Flutter By post today!

24 comments:

Javablustamper said...

Cass!!! You are just TOO creative!!! These are GREAT!!! I LOVE them!!! Hope you are well!!



Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Stef H said...

what a fabulous idea! i think i'll have to study up on the names of weeds because that's all that seems to flourish in my garden - LOL.

hugs,

Karen said...

What a sweet project! Love the idea and beautiful way you decorated those plant markers!

Hugs,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Cassie these are `delicious` TFS
Rhubarb is gorgeous hmmmmm
You should try Rhubarb crumble (served with custard) Yum Yum....
Have a lovely week:)

Becky said...

What an awesome idea, these are gorgeous.

Jenn K said...

Love this idea!! Such pretty markers..

Tricia said...

cute idea. You should spray them with a waterresistant/repellent so you can leave them out. They are super cute!

Tricia Rush Richner said...

I was just wondering. . .do you sleep? How do you have time for such wonderful creations! Love seeing them.

Christi Flores said...

How awesome!!!!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Beautiful prjecht!! Love this idea!

xoxo

Heather Schlatter said...

These turned out great Cassie and very lovely for your "would be" garden!!!

I think you did an awesome job on them!!!

Heather

Christine said...

I love these ... and your imaginary garden.

I made a rubarb recipe one time (I think it was from Rachael Ray). It was rubarb cooked with sugar and dried cherries and then your eat it with pork chops. It was soooo good.

My neighbor has rubarb plant that we are going to transplant into my yard next year. Yummy!

Blessings,
Christine

Trudi said...

Love these Cassie! I think I just might have to try this out but figure out a way to make them weather resistant so I can leave them in my gardens. I actually have some of those plant markers too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

What an elegant way to dress up a garden row. These are so adorable!! I wish I had a garden. :D
Blessings~~ Danielle

Jeanette - said...

Cassie - these are precious! What a great idea and you made them so beautiful!

Dawn B. said...

OH my goodness these are awesome. What a great idea. I have seen those before but never thought to do this. My mom used to make the best Rhubarb Cobbler. Yum...

Vicki said...

Oh Cassie! How clever! Beautiful job! And I agree with you about the rhubarb!! Blessings to you!

Lynn McAuley said...

Sure wish I had a green thumb!! Love these fabulous embossed garden picks! Super cute!!

June Houck said...

These are adorable, Cassie! I like your imaginary garden; I kill every plant and herb I try to grow, so imaginary works for me ;)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow! What a great job on these!!!!! Just love it! I have a black thumb when it comes to gardening!!! Maria

Rosanne said...

These are great Cassie!

Angie Tieman said...

Cassie, these are stunning!!! Absolutley love them, too bad I don't have a green thumb, ha!

Heather Ulmer said...

oh they are so pretty! makes me want to grow an imaginary garden too! very cute :)

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love thos plant markers. What are you going to do with them? If you cut them short, they might look cute in cupcakes as placecards.